It has been several months since each and every one of us is individually fighting a war against coronavirus which began from China in December and has now been declared a pandemic. Not only this, but the monsoon season is also here. As much as we enjoy the rain, it is also the time when the humidity levels in the atmosphere are their highest, resulting in poor digestion and reduced immunity. This makes us more vulnerable to diseases and especially to COVID-19 during the season. Therefore it becomes crucial for everyone to eat foods and follow certain practices that will keep you healthy and away from not just the novel coronavirus but also other water-borne diseases such as indigestion, diarrhea, jaundice, etc.
1. Giloy Kadha by Swami Ramdev
Giloy is an Ayurvedic herb which along with strengthening your immunity can also prove to be effective in many diseases. Giloy contains glucoside called Giloin and tinosporin, Palmerin, and Tinospora acid. Apart from this, it contains copper, iron, phosphorus, zinc, calcium, magnesium as well as anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, etc that are helpful in keeping you away from all diseases.
If you want to drink a decoction or kadha of Giloy, then for this, add a piece of Giloy, 4-5 basil leaves, 2 black peppers, a little raw turmeric, a little ginger, a little ashwagandha and grind it. After this, heat 2 glasses of water in a pan and put this crushed material in it. Let it cook on low heat. When the water is half left. So turn off the gas and filter it in a cup and consume it lukewarm. It can be drunk half to one glass at a time.
2. Drink Haldi Milk:
Turmeric Milk is one of the best concoctions to stay healthy and free from various diseases. It helps in boosting immunity and has an antiseptic, anti-bacterial and anti-allergic in nature. Thus, it helps to fight the overall infections that might harm the body.
3. Vitamin C tablets
Vitamin C is essential for your body and is found in many fruits and vegetables, including oranges, strawberries, kiwi fruit, bell peppers, etc. There are also certain tablets or supplements available in the market. They are helpful because they can strengthen your body’s natural defenses and also help in increasing your immunity. Not only this, but these Vitamin C supplements daily can have similar cardiovascular benefits as regular exercise in overweight and obese adults.
4. Yoga – Suryanamaskar and Pranayam
There are a lot of yoga asanas and pranayam that if practiced daily can keep you healthy and fit. Here are their benefits:
Benefits of Suryanamaskar:
Increasing energy level
Digestive system is better
Body gets flexibility
Memory is strong
Effective for weight gain
Detoxes the body
Benefits of headstand
Stress and anxiety go away
Gives confidence, patience and fearlessness
Benefits of pranayam
Swami Ramdev stresses the importance of performing pranayamas daily as they maintain the proper flow of blood in the body. He suggests doing bhastrika, anulom vilom and kapalbhati daily as they keep diseases like hypertension, blood pressure, liver syndrome, sinus, stress, depression and diabetes away.
5. Detoxify and eat simple food with ghee
The best way to stay fit also depends on the type of lifestyle you have and the food you eat. So it is always recommended to eat as simple food as possible and top it off with ghee that in itself has a lot of amazing properties.
- ‘DONATE A LIFE’ BRINGS SMILE ON FACES OF 114 CANCER STRICKEN CHILDREN - August 12, 2020
- Mankind Pharma and Daewoong Pharmaceutical Announce Initiation of Phase 1 Clinical Trial on a ‘Novel’ - August 12, 2020
- Sara celebrates her 25th birthday, social media is flooded with wishes - August 12, 2020
- The meeting will be held for the circulation of vaccine - August 12, 2020
- “America Mein Khila Kamal”: Indian-Americans Celebrate Kamala Harris’s Selection - August 12, 2020
- 3 Killed In Police Firing In Bengaluru Amid Violence Over Facebook Post - August 12, 2020
- Sanjay Dutt diagnosed with Stage 3 lung cancer, to fly to US for treatment - August 12, 2020
- Sun Pharma Urgent openings for Multiple Positions for Bsc Msc BPharm M Pharm ITI - August 11, 2020
- Text Neck – a common ailment among smartphone addicts - August 11, 2020
- Mask Wearing Reduces 60% Risk of COVID-19 Infection: Says Experts - August 11, 2020