The conversations around immunity are endless and more so since the onset of COVID-19 pandemic. While the immune system defends the body against bacteria, and viruses that appear foreign and harmful, it is of optimum necessity to keep your immunity levels healthy to be guarded against diseases.
Eating right and maintaining a balanced lifestyle are essentially the bedrock of illness prevention and in the last few months most of us have adopted a dose of self-care to keep oneself healthy and lively. Although sleeping well, managing stress and exercising regularly are key measures to improve immunity, eating wholesome and nutritious is essential in building a strong and healthy body. Similarly, the diet must consist of foods that not only help boost immunity but also help you manage weight as you continue to navigate the era of working from home and staying indoors for most part of the day.
Here is a list of food hacks that are easy to include in the diet and will serve the purpose of improving immunity while keeping weight in check
1. Add Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil To Coffee And Smoothies
This superfood is vegan friendly and has myriad health benefits that includes weight management and is an immunity booster. Add two teaspoons of VCNO on your smoothie or salad bowl as a topping, it can also be added to a cup of morning coffee. Virgin coconut oil can also be used in cooking, sautéing and baking especially vegan desserts. Some might even prefer to take 2 teaspoons for direct consumption every morning for an energetic start to the day.
2. Make Chutneys And Dips With Garlic
Packed with immune-enhancing effects, garlic is a potent antimicrobial agent than can be consumed raw or added to homemade chutneys and dips. With antiviral and antioxidant properties, garlic is a great immune booster that can be added on as a flavorful alternative to cooked foods.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar + Water = Healthy Potion
Consumption of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) helps you feel fuller, preventing you from overeating. ACV contains chlorogenic acid, an antioxidant which has shown to lower visceral fat. Simply taking 1-2 tablespoons in water before a meal is useful in preventing metabolic syndrome by reducing obesity and manage weight.
4. Cinnamon Powder Over Fruits
Cinnamon is a superfood found in every kitchen that can be used as a coating for smoothies, milkshakes, in a cup of green tea or also over freshly cut fruits. About 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of freshly pound cinnamon is effective to help you in managing weight and boost immunity naturally.
5. A Pinch Of Turmeric In Milk
India’s golden spice is a powerful antioxidant that is very commonly added to all curry preparations. Apart from daily cooking, turmeric milk or Haldi Milk is a great immunity boosting drink that soothes a sore throat or common cold.
- COVID-19 cases in India cross 46-lakh mark - September 12, 2020
- 5 Food Hacks to Manage Weight and Boost Immunity - September 11, 2020
- India Likely Had 6.4 Million Covid Cases By May, Says ICMR’s Sero Survey - September 11, 2020
- UNICEF appoints Ayushmann Khurrana as celebrity advocate for children’s rights campaign - September 11, 2020
- COVID-19 caseload in India breaches 45-lakh mark - September 11, 2020
- COVID-19 recoveries in India surge to 35,42,663 - September 11, 2020
- Vaccine Still Possible By Year-End Despite Trial Pause, Says AstraZeneca - September 10, 2020
- Patients Home Isolating Forces Closure Of Bengaluru’s Covid Care Centres - September 10, 2020
- Induction of Rafale jets into IAF crucial considering atmosphere on border: Rajnath - September 10, 2020
- Record 95,735 infections, 1,172 fatalities - September 10, 2020