New Delhi: In yet another rare medical feat achieved by Indian doctors, a six-year-old boy with a complex heart defect underwent a successful critical heart surgery at the Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai.
As per reports, Sanket More was diagnosed with congenital transposition of the great arteries – a rare heart defect in which the heart ventricles (heart chambers) are reversed.
The boy also had additional complications as he had a large hole in the heart and the artery to the lungs was narrow. His heart was located on the right side of the chest.
Dwarka More, Sanket’s mother said that he used to get chest pain constantly and was loosing weight. “He had a breathing problem and his body colour use to turn blue,” she added
“There are very few such cases globally. We had to refer case papers to understand the condition better. The boy’s heart was on the right side, with abnormally coursing arteries, and the hole in his heart complicating the case further,” Dr Shiv Prakash Krishnanaik, a paediatric cardiac surgeon who operated on Sanket, was quoted as saying.
The complex surgery, which took place on May 19, was performed by a team comprising eight doctors, five nurses and technicians.
“The position of the heart, and ventricles within were corrected, the hole was repaired, and a cow valve was used to widen the narrow artery to the lungs, added Dr Krishnanaik, Head, Paediatric Cardiac Sciences Department, HN Reliance Foundation Hospital.
- Triple Patch Procedure saves life of 11-years old Nanded Boy who suffered from rare heart Disease – Suprovalvar Aortic Stenosis - June 19, 2019
- India Healthcare IT Market Outlook to 2023 - June 18, 2019
- 11% of Individuals suffer from Depression Disorder in Maharashtra - June 18, 2019
- Father’s Day: Helping fathers fight back pain - June 17, 2019
- Tips to survive the summers better by Mr Satkam Divya, CEO, KlinicApp - June 12, 2019
- बजाज फिनसर्व अपने #FitForLife अभियान के साथ स्वस्थ भारत की परिकल्पना को करेगा साकार - June 12, 2019
- India to give Cancer Treatment Technology to the West - June 8, 2019
- खाने के बर्तनों का साइज छोटा करके भी हो सकता है डाइट कंट्रोल : जानी-मानी डाइटिशियन स्नेहा परांजपे का सेमिनार - June 6, 2019
- Aster CMI Hospital showcases its commitment towards environment conservation - June 5, 2019
- Aster CMI Hospital gives new lease of life to an 8-year-old rural kid through affordable liver transplant initiative - June 3, 2019