New Delhi: In yet another rare medical feat achieved by Indian doctors, a six-year-old boy with a complex heart defect underwent a successful critical heart surgery at the Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai.
As per reports, Sanket More was diagnosed with congenital transposition of the great arteries – a rare heart defect in which the heart ventricles (heart chambers) are reversed.
The boy also had additional complications as he had a large hole in the heart and the artery to the lungs was narrow. His heart was located on the right side of the chest.
Dwarka More, Sanket’s mother said that he used to get chest pain constantly and was loosing weight. “He had a breathing problem and his body colour use to turn blue,” she added
“There are very few such cases globally. We had to refer case papers to understand the condition better. The boy’s heart was on the right side, with abnormally coursing arteries, and the hole in his heart complicating the case further,” Dr Shiv Prakash Krishnanaik, a paediatric cardiac surgeon who operated on Sanket, was quoted as saying.
The complex surgery, which took place on May 19, was performed by a team comprising eight doctors, five nurses and technicians.
“The position of the heart, and ventricles within were corrected, the hole was repaired, and a cow valve was used to widen the narrow artery to the lungs, added Dr Krishnanaik, Head, Paediatric Cardiac Sciences Department, HN Reliance Foundation Hospital.
- Trump-Touted Hydroxychloroquine in Short Supply for Lupus Patients - June 3, 2020
- Italy leads Europe reopening borders as virus strikes Latam - June 3, 2020
- राजभवन में कुलपतियों की बैठक 6 जून को - June 3, 2020
- Cervical cancer elimination initiative updates - June 3, 2020
- Appendicitis Early Symptoms And Warning Signs - June 3, 2020
- Maria Shriver and AARP Take on Alzheimer’s in Women - June 3, 2020
- Research finds new genes contributing to severe childhood obesity - June 3, 2020
- Indocan Resources, Inc. Announces the Availability of CBD Oil on Its Website - June 3, 2020
- 5 लाख 87 हजार श्रमिक प्रदेश में वापस आये - June 3, 2020
- Symptoms Of Poor Blood Circulation Poor Blood Circulation Can Cause Many Disease In Body - June 3, 2020