Bangalore, May , 2019: Apollo Hospital, Sheshadripuram, one of the premier multispecialty hospitals in India launched their “Department of Women & Child Care” recently at Bangalore for the wellbeing of the mother and the child and the women who are delivering. Comprising of a 43-bedded adult Intensive Care Unit and a 4-bedded Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), the hospital is well equipped with all that is necessary at the face of an emergency and to enhance safe delivery.
Speaking on this occasion, Ms Sangita Reddy, Joint Managing Director, Apollo Hospitals Group said, “As a wholly patient-centric organization, Apollo Hospitals have been at the forefront of introducing international standard care protocols across its medical facilities. In keeping with this ethos, the new women and child care facility at Apollo Hospitals Seshadripuram will offer cutting edge multidisciplinary maternity care steered by highly skilled medical professionals dedicated to providing young mothers and newborns with world-class care.”
Furthermore, as research suggests, although that there has been a considerable drop in India’s maternal mortality rate by 22%, that is, 167 (2011-13) to 130 (2014-2016), yet we have a long way to go in terms of doing away with neonatal and maternal deaths completely. The Union health ministry has attributed this improvement primarily to rise in institutional deliveries across the country as almost 80% of women are now giving birth in hospitals, both public and private.
Be it in any kind of delivery, caesarean or normal or through IVF, there is always an underlying risk factor both for the mother and the child in terms of complications that might stem at any moment. Organs might fail. There can also be a need for immediate blood transfusion owing to blood loss. Hence, round the clock support from other departments such as Urology, cardiology, nephrology and the presence of a ready in-house Blood Bank proves to be a saviour. In case of hypertension, diabetes or gestational diabetes or if the baby is in the breech position, or pregnancy with multiples or for other issues, a multispecialty hospital becomes indispensable for an expecting mother at all stages and beyond.
Apollo Hospital encompassing holistic services starting right from Gynaecology, Pregnancy & Child Birth, High-Risk Pregnancy Care, Fertility Care, Round the clock multispecialty Support, 24 Hours Triage, Diet & Nutrition to General Paediatrics, Neonatology –NICU, Paediatric Surgery, Paediatric Cardiology, Paediatric Neuro-Surgery, Antenatal Care, Pre & postnatal care, Child Birth/ Delivery, Blood bank, 24/7 Ambulance, Physiotherapy, Parental and Yoga Counselling vouches for the utmost safety and comfort for the mother as well as the child.
“The inauguration of the women and child care unit at Apollo Seshadripuram will be a valuable addition to the neighbourhood, I am sure it will provide world-class birthing and neonatal care to the community with the highest safety standards” added Dr Soumyalatha S.K, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Bangalore.
- Summer Care for Diabetes - May 22, 2019
- L V Prasad Eye Institute’s Whitathon Run raises awareness on Retinoblastoma eye cancer - May 20, 2019
- Dr. Pramod Tripathi kickstarts ‘Diabetes Free Mumbai’ movement’ with Devendra Fadnavis, Honourable CM of Maharashtra - May 20, 2019
- Organic Harvest Disrupts Indian Personal Care Industry with Blue Light Technology - May 20, 2019
- Living with a ‘Double-Heart’ - May 20, 2019
- Diabetic Retinopathy- Facts you should know - May 17, 2019
- World Hypertension Day 2019 – May 17th - May 17, 2019
- Association of Physicians of India MP celebrates “World Hypertension Day” - May 17, 2019
- HOW TO KEEP YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE UNDER CHECK - May 16, 2019
- BR Life Group of Hospital’s Announces Association with Art of Living Foundation to offer Holistic Medicare - May 14, 2019