Bhopal: Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, will be starting a liver clinic in Bhopal soon. Dr Anand Ramamurthy from Apollo Hospitals announced it here in a press conference on Friday. Speaking on the objectives of the clinic, Dr Anand said, “Liver transplantation being a very niche speciality with limited expertise available, this clinic would give access to specialised treatment to patients from this region.
Patients can seek advice, plan their treatment and then go to Chennai for the transplant if necessary. Also, it becomes easier for post-transplant patients to seek follow up advice.”
Apollo Hospital, Chennai to start liver clinic in city
Highest number to their credit
Dr Anand emphasised that the Centre for Liver Diseases and Transplantation at Apollo Hospitals has to their credit the highest number of successful cadaveric liver transplantations in the country. Overall, the team has performed around 950 liver transplants in a period of 11 years from both living and cadaveric donors. Liver disease is the 10th highest cause of deaths in India and recently, non- alcoholic fatty liver disease is on the rise.
The main cause being, the lifestyle patterns of people in MP. “People here consume food that contains high quantity of ghee thus leading to obesity which ultimately causes fatty liver diseases. In some cases, this leads to liver cirrhosis and death,” said Dr Ramamurthy.
source: DB post
- Columbia Asia Hospital Whitefield doctors help 11-month baby survive a severe, rare case of cerebrovascular complication - February 14, 2020
- Aster RV Hospital launches OBG-paediatric department with world class facilities - February 14, 2020
- How Design is the next buzzword in Indian workspaces - November 22, 2019
- Business of Posture & Place - October 31, 2019
- Triple Patch Procedure saves life of 11-years old Nanded Boy who suffered from rare heart Disease – Suprovalvar Aortic Stenosis - June 19, 2019
- India Healthcare IT Market Outlook to 2023 - June 18, 2019
- 11% of Individuals suffer from Depression Disorder in Maharashtra - June 18, 2019
- Father’s Day: Helping fathers fight back pain - June 17, 2019
- Tips to survive the summers better by Mr Satkam Divya, CEO, KlinicApp - June 12, 2019
- बजाज फिनसर्व अपने #FitForLife अभियान के साथ स्वस्थ भारत की परिकल्पना को करेगा साकार - June 12, 2019