Bangalore, June 05th, 2019: As part of World Environment Day celebration, Aster CMI Hospital undertook actions towards achieving a greener tomorrow by conducting a sapling drive at its premises. Doctors and patients were encouraged to come forward and take resolutions to reduce the carbon footprint and participate in promoting eco-friendly measures pro-actively. The hospital staff started with planting few saplings in the premises and also gifted saplings of Tulsi, Neem etc and succulents for indoor plantation, succulents which consume less water but still help the environment to all the patients to help them in reducing indoor air pollution. Many intellectually challenged individuals from Diya Innovations (Diya trains and employs the differently abled), also took part in the drive. The pots for the plants were made out of the waste paper to promote a simple message of making productive use of daily waste.
Since its inception, Aster CMI Hospital, has been using several eco-friendly measures such as using renewable resources like the sun, wind, and geothermal heat to sterilize medical equipment, sanitize the hospital’s laundry, light outdoor pathways at night and power offices. With the use of rainwater harvesting, recycling STP treated water for non-drinking purposes and making use of solar power for its facilities, the hospital has been able to reduce its electricity consumption by 15% and limit the water consumption by 10%.
- How Design is the next buzzword in Indian workspaces - November 22, 2019
- Business of Posture & Place - October 31, 2019
- Triple Patch Procedure saves life of 11-years old Nanded Boy who suffered from rare heart Disease – Suprovalvar Aortic Stenosis - June 19, 2019
- India Healthcare IT Market Outlook to 2023 - June 18, 2019
- 11% of Individuals suffer from Depression Disorder in Maharashtra - June 18, 2019
- Father’s Day: Helping fathers fight back pain - June 17, 2019
- Tips to survive the summers better by Mr Satkam Divya, CEO, KlinicApp - June 12, 2019
- बजाज फिनसर्व अपने #FitForLife अभियान के साथ स्वस्थ भारत की परिकल्पना को करेगा साकार - June 12, 2019
- India to give Cancer Treatment Technology to the West - June 8, 2019
- खाने के बर्तनों का साइज छोटा करके भी हो सकता है डाइट कंट्रोल : जानी-मानी डाइटिशियन स्नेहा परांजपे का सेमिनार - June 6, 2019