Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan has appreciated the 2021-2022 Budget, saying the allocation of ₹ 35,000 crore for COVID-19 vaccines and commitment to provide further support will help end this pandemic and expedite economic recovery.
He hailed the “visionary leadership” of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and “prudence” of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman “for taking us closer to Health For All”.
“A remarkable 137 per cent increase, taking budgeted outlay for health and wellbeing to ₹ 2,23,846 crore,” he said.
The government has proposed a budget outlay of ₹ 2,23,846 crore for health and well being in 2021-2022, an increase of 137 per cent from the previous year, with ₹ 35,000 crore earmarked for COVID-19 vaccine in the upcoming fiscal.
In the Union Budget, ₹ 71,268.77 crore has been allocated to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, as against ₹ 65,011.8 crore allocated in 2020-2021. An allocation of ₹ 2,663.00 crore has also been made to the Department of Health Research in the 2021-22 Budget.
The Ministry of AYUSH has been allocated ₹ 2,970.30 for the next fiscal as against ₹ 2,122.08 crore proposed for 2020-2021 fiscal.
“Rs 35,000 crore allocated for COVID-19 vaccines and commitment to provide further support as needed will help end this pandemic and expedite economic recovery as well,” Mr Vardhan said.
- Esha Gupta’s extreme stretch amazes everyone, Masaba’s comment wins the day - March 2, 2021
- Low cost, high-efficiency mask design presented by Oxford study - March 2, 2021
- Rajasthan govt expects higher revenue from e-auction of liquor shops - March 2, 2021
- Health minister Harsh Vardhan to take Covid-19 vaccine shot today - March 2, 2021
- This 50 Push-Up Challenge Will Transform Your Body in 30 Days - March 2, 2021
- Private health insurers offering 80-100 pc discounts on renewal premia - March 1, 2021
- Fujifilm India launches FDR nano - March 1, 2021
- Sharp Spike in Cases of Mature Cataract and Dry Eyes during Pandemic - February 26, 2021
- PFRDA Chairman: With an Inbuilt System of Annuity NPS Ensures Regular Income after Retirement - February 26, 2021
- Childhood obesity and its impact on thyroid in the later years - February 26, 2021