The Centre has approved the Meghalaya government’s proposal for setting up an AYUSH directorate in the state, a minister said.
Meghalaya Health minister A L Hek said he attended a video conference with Union AYUSH minister Shripad Naik on Thursday, and it was decided that a directorate will be set up in the hill state.
“The Government of India has approved the proposal for a directorate of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy in Meghalaya,” Hek said on Thursday.
He said the state’s health department has already written to the revenue department and the department of urban affairs requesting them for allotment of land for creation of necessary infrastructure.
The minister said the Union AYUSH ministry has also agreed in principle to sanction 13 AYUSH health and wellness centres for Meghalaya proposed during 2019-20.
“The state government has also proposed another 22 health and wellness centres for the current financial year 2020-21,” he said.
The Union ministry had earlier this year decided to set up over 12,500 AYUSH Health and Wellness Centres across the country.
The state health minister said that in Meghalaya, where land acquisition is a big problem, “we have decided to set up health and wellness centres at the existing primary health centres (PHCs) and community health centres (CHCs). We will have standalone centres based on the availability of land.
- ‘DONATE A LIFE’ BRINGS SMILE ON FACES OF 114 CANCER STRICKEN CHILDREN - August 12, 2020
- Mankind Pharma and Daewoong Pharmaceutical Announce Initiation of Phase 1 Clinical Trial on a ‘Novel’ - August 12, 2020
- Sara celebrates her 25th birthday, social media is flooded with wishes - August 12, 2020
- The meeting will be held for the circulation of vaccine - August 12, 2020
- “America Mein Khila Kamal”: Indian-Americans Celebrate Kamala Harris’s Selection - August 12, 2020
- 3 Killed In Police Firing In Bengaluru Amid Violence Over Facebook Post - August 12, 2020
- Sanjay Dutt diagnosed with Stage 3 lung cancer, to fly to US for treatment - August 12, 2020
- Sun Pharma Urgent openings for Multiple Positions for Bsc Msc BPharm M Pharm ITI - August 11, 2020
- Text Neck – a common ailment among smartphone addicts - August 11, 2020
- Mask Wearing Reduces 60% Risk of COVID-19 Infection: Says Experts - August 11, 2020