COVID-19 and Cervical Cancer Prevention and Control
Dear friends and colleagues,
We have recently wrapped up an historic 73rd World Health Assembly (WHA73), the first-ever held virtually, where delegates adopted a landmark resolution to bring the world together and fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 has indeed dominated the global health conversation, and with good reason. Difficult days lie ahead, but hopeful ones do as well. We will need to work together
to rebuild families, communities and entire health and economic systems in a shared vision of our own humanity.
As part of our responsibility to provide normative guidance to countries, a wide range of guidance documents have been published to ensure that women continue to receive the services they require.
On the margins of WHA73, I joined civil society, youth, multilateral and government representatives to participate in a webinar hosted by the Alliance for Gender Equality called “Grounding Health Systems in Gender Equality to Achieve Universal
Health Coverage” (see video above). We know that the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) agenda is at the heart of promoting gender equality, and it is a fundamental part of achieving gender-responsive universal health coverage (UHC).
In the face of the current COVID-19 crisis, it is more important than ever to maintain a focus on gender-responsive UHC and SRHR to build back stronger health systems than ever before.
Dr Nono Simelela
ADG, Special Adviser to the Director-General on Strategic Programmatic Priorities
Copyright © 2019 World Health Organization, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you signed up for updates from WHO.
Thanks for helping to make the world a little healthier.
Our mailing address is:
Avenue Appia 20
Geneva 27 1211
- Zendesk Releases Report for Startups Showing the Path to Success is in CX - July 13, 2020
- देश में कोविड-19 के मामले साढ़े आठ लाख के करीब पहुंचे, मृतक संख्या 22,674 हुई - July 12, 2020
- India’s COVID tally climbs to 8,49,553 - July 12, 2020
- Monsoons need measures to avert serious ailments - July 11, 2020
- North America to Dominate Neurostimulation Devices Market - July 10, 2020
- YFLO Organized webinar on “Beauty Inside Out : the Ayurvedic Way” - July 10, 2020
- North America to Dominate Bio-Implants Market During Forecast Period - July 10, 2020
- ADIDAS AND MCDONALD’S LAUNCH THE “SAUCE PACK” - July 10, 2020
- Doctors View ‘Antiviral Agents’ As Effective Option for COVID-19 - July 9, 2020
- Mankind Pharma promotes ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ with new Anthem - July 9, 2020