India recorded 12,584 new cases of coronavirus, the lowest in around seven months, taking the country’s COVID-19 caseload to 1,04,79,179, according to the Union Health Ministry data updated on Tuesday.
The death toll increased to 1,51,327 with 167 daily new fatalities, the data updated at 8 am showed.
The number of people who have recuperated from the disease surged to 1,01,11,294 pushing the national COVID-19 recovery rate to 96.49 per cent, while the COVID-19 case fatality rate stands at 1.44 per cent.
The COVID-19 active caseload remained below 3 lakh.
There are 2,16,558 active coronavirus infections in the country which comprises 2.07 per cent of the total caseload, the data stated.
India’s COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7, 30 lakh on August 23, 40 lakh on September 5 and 50 lakh on September 16. It went past 60 lakh on September 28, 70 lakh on October 11, crossed 80 lakh on October 29, 90 lakh on November 20 and surpassed the one-crore mark on December 19.
According to the ICMR, 18,26,52,887 samples have been tested up to January 11 with 8,97,056 samples being tested on Monday.
The 167 new fatalities include 40 from Maharashtra, 20 from Kerala, 16 from West Bengal, 15 from Chhattisgarh and 13 from Delhi.
A total of 151327 deaths have been reported so far in the country including 50,101 from Maharashtra followed by 12,228 from Tamil Nadu, 12,144 from Karnataka, 10,691 from Delhi, 9,957 from West Bengal, 8,504 from Uttar Pradesh, 7,131 from Andhra Pradesh and 5,447 from Punjab.
The health ministry stressed that more than 70 per cent of the deaths occurred due to comorbidities.
“Our figures are being reconciled with the Indian Council of Medical Research,” the ministry said on its website, adding that state-wise distribution of figures is subject to further verification and reconciliation.
- मुख्यमंत्री श्री चौहान ने जबलपुर के विकास के तैयार रोडमैप को सराहा - January 24, 2021
- Weight Loss: वजन कम करने में मददगार हो सकती है जापानी वॉटर थैरेपी, जानें, ये कैसे वजन घटाती है - January 24, 2021
- RAMPEX LABS P LTD WalkIn Interviews for Freshers and Experienced in QA QC Production R and D IT Engineering Departments on 25th Jan 2021 - January 24, 2021
- ऊर्जा मंत्री द्वारा सामाजिक सदभाव की एक अनूठी पहल - January 24, 2021
- बच्चे अपनी रुचि और योग्यता अनुसार कैरियर का चयन करे- प्रमुख सचिव श्रीमती शमी - January 24, 2021
- मुख्यमंत्री श्री चौहान गणतंत्र दिवस पर रीवा में राष्ट्रीय ध्वज फहरायेंगे - January 24, 2021
- Baba Ramdev Yog Yatra : भस्त्रिका प्राणायाम से दिन की शुरुआत करना, क्यों होता है लाभदायक? - January 24, 2021
- Dramatic changes to radiotherapy treatments due to COVID-19 - January 24, 2021
- सुपोषित मध्यप्रदेश बनाने के लिए कुपोषित मुक्त पंचायत और जिले बनाने होंगे - January 24, 2021
- NSAIDs might exacerbate or suppress COVID-19 depending on timing, mouse study suggests - January 24, 2021