Delhi logged a record 6,725 fresh cases of coronavirus in the last 24 hours — the highest daily tally since the outbreak reached the national capital. The city has been reporting more than 5,000 cases for most of the last week. This was the first time the figure crossed the 6,000 mark. The second-highest surge was logged on October 30, with 5,891 cases.
Today’s high comes after a week-end low of 4,001. Over the last months, Sundays have been marked by the lower number of tests conducted, which is why Monday’s figures reflect a dip.
This week, 44,623 tests were conducted on Saturday while 36,665 tests conducted on Sunday. This is way below the 55,000 to 60,000 tests conducted on a weekday.
The figure that is causing more concern is a huge spike in daily positivity rate — meaning the percentage of tests conducted that come positive. Compared to the national average of 3.7, the figure in Delhi is 11.3. Today,Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan had emphasised that all states should make efforts towards keeping the positivity rate below 5 per cent.
- प्रदेश में 01 अप्रैल 2021 से प्रारंभ होगा नवीन शैक्षणिक सत्र - December 5, 2020
- Coronavirus: संक्रमण के प्रभाव से दुनियाभर में लोगों को लंबे समय तक हो सकती हैं परेशानियां - December 5, 2020
- Bahrain now 2nd nation to grant Pfizer shot emergency use - December 5, 2020
- रेत माफिया के विरूद्ध सख्ती से कार्यवाही करें : मंत्री श्री पटेल - December 5, 2020
- Yog Yatra: Baba Ramdev से जानिए युवाओं के लिए खास आसन - December 5, 2020
- Researchers discover new particle in the blood of septic patients - December 5, 2020
- RA Chem Pharma Ltd Urgent Requirement for Operators Executives Production Department - December 5, 2020
- Synbiotics Limited Urgent Job Openings for QC Chemist Shift Engineer Microbiologist Apply Now - December 5, 2020
- सहकारिता के माध्यम से अब कृषक बनेंगे उद्यमी - December 5, 2020
- Aurobindo Pharma Limited WalkIn Interviews on 6th Dec 2020 - December 5, 2020