Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan today met with Delhi’s Health Minister Satyendar Jain, its Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal and other officials to discuss the national capital’s spike in coronavirus cases over the last two days. The capital has recorded over 6,000 cases of coronavirus on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The Union minister has asked the Delhi government to conduct more RT-PCR tests and improve its Antigen to RT-PCR ratio while the Delhi government has asked the Centre for more ICU beds in AIIMS and other central government hospitals.
India’s coronavirus recovery rate is currently more than 92% while that of Delhi is 89%, the Union minister pointed out at the meeting. The national death rate is 1.49% while that of Delhi is 1.71%.
The minister also expressed concern over the high positivity rate in six districts of Delhi – north, central, northeast, east, northwest and southeast districts.
77 per cent Covid tests being conducted in Delhi are Antigen tests while only 23 per cent are RT-PCR tests. There should be mandatory RT-PCR testing for all those who test negative in antigen tests if they develop symptoms afterwards, the minister said.
Director of National Centre for Disease Control Dr Sujeet Singh, who was also present at the meeting, asked Delhi authorities to be more alert during the festive and winter seasons.
- इन बीमारियों वाले मरीजों को कोविड होने का है ज्यादा खतरा, महामारी के दौर में रखें जानकारी - December 2, 2020
- Some Talc Products Contain Asbestos: Study - December 2, 2020
- New immunotherapeutic approach takes aim at cancer’s enzyme shield - December 2, 2020
- हृदय रोगी और उच्च रक्तचाप वाले धीरे-धीरे करें प्राणायाम | योग यात्रा Baba Ramdev के साथ - December 2, 2020
- Biophore India Openings for Experienced API Project Management Professionals - December 2, 2020
- Engaging family caregivers key to coordinated home health care - December 2, 2020
- वायु प्रदूषण में खांसी को रोकने के लिए चंद भरोसेमंद नुस्खे, आपके लिए होंगे फायदेमंद - December 2, 2020
- How are older adults coping with the mental health effects of COVID-19? - December 2, 2020
- Skin Care: Get Glowing, Nourished And Brighter Skin With This Home Made Face Mask - December 2, 2020
- COVID-19 can damage lungs so badly that ‘only hope’ is transplant - December 2, 2020