Kolkata, April, 2019: Eminent Diabetes Expert of Indian origin from Cardiff, Wales, Dr. Moushmi Biswas’s maiden novel‘Maple and Spice’ was launched by noted fashion designer Ms Sarbari Dutta at a city book store today. The launch was also attended by distinguished personalities from all fields.
‘Maple and Spice’ is a light-hearted, tragi-comic romp through love and relationships in the twenty-first century. It also explores the themes of cultural identity, female empowerment and self- fulfilment.
“This novel is so close to my heart and has been inspired by my real life experiences. This book is slowly becoming popular in the West and it was my dream to launch it in Kolkata, my city of joy. I do hope that the avid readers of the city would like it,” said Dr Moushmi Biswas at the launch.
The book has been published by Matador Publishing, UK and is priced at £9.99.
Monisha Bastikar is twenty-seven years old and has just finished medical school in Vermont. She has three shining goals: to become a wife, a mother and a board- certified physician. But time is running out, the men in her community are taken and residency at the prestigious St Anthony’s is just around the corner.
Dr Moushmi Biswas Launches Her Maiden Novel ‘Maple And Spice’ In Kolkata
Monisha’s over-ambitious mother Leela tells her all is not lost, for in India there are millions of men. Monisha opts for an arranged marriage, leaving her best friend Tina completely bewildered. Mrs Bastikar and her feisty younger sister Aunt Romila trawl through the Mumbai Matrimonials and shortlist Shailesh Kulkarni, a dashing surgeon, with glittering career prospects. On paper he appears to be the perfect match and Monisha can’t believe her luck.
But all is not what it seems and Monisha must face some difficult choices. Should she break with cultural traditions and find love the American way, or should she compromise, stay married and keep her family happy?
The search for love takes Monisha on an eventful journey filled with heartbreak and loss, from Vermont to Mumbai and back again. Eventually she abandons all hope and throws herself into her career. But will she sit back and wait for a prince to rescue her or will she have the courage to rescue herself?
- Triple Patch Procedure saves life of 11-years old Nanded Boy who suffered from rare heart Disease – Suprovalvar Aortic Stenosis - June 19, 2019
- India Healthcare IT Market Outlook to 2023 - June 18, 2019
- 11% of Individuals suffer from Depression Disorder in Maharashtra - June 18, 2019
- Father’s Day: Helping fathers fight back pain - June 17, 2019
- Tips to survive the summers better by Mr Satkam Divya, CEO, KlinicApp - June 12, 2019
- बजाज फिनसर्व अपने #FitForLife अभियान के साथ स्वस्थ भारत की परिकल्पना को करेगा साकार - June 12, 2019
- India to give Cancer Treatment Technology to the West - June 8, 2019
- खाने के बर्तनों का साइज छोटा करके भी हो सकता है डाइट कंट्रोल : जानी-मानी डाइटिशियन स्नेहा परांजपे का सेमिनार - June 6, 2019
- Aster CMI Hospital showcases its commitment towards environment conservation - June 5, 2019
- Aster CMI Hospital gives new lease of life to an 8-year-old rural kid through affordable liver transplant initiative - June 3, 2019