Washington: Consuming green leafy vegetables may be a novel way to reduce stress and lower the risk of experiencing a stroke, a study has found.
Intracerebral hemorrhage – bleeding within the brain – takes a high toll on working-age people in Nigeria and Ghana, with high blood pressure accounting for more than 90 percent of this often-lethal type of stroke.
According to the findings, people who ate more green leafy vegetables had 64 percent lower risk of experiencing a stroke.
Researchers studied 682 patients (average age 53.7 years) who experienced brain bleeds.
Bleeding strokes accounted for 32.2 percent of all strokes in the study.
Of the bleeding strokes, 93.9 percent were determined to be related to high blood pressure, 7.2 percent to structural abnormalities such as a bulging weak area of a blood vessel, and much smaller percentages to other medical conditions or medication use.
The research was presented at the American Stroke Associations International Stroke Conference 2018.
Comparing patients with high blood pressure-related brain bleeds to similar people in the same communities without stroke, the researchers found that the risks were 2.33 times as high in people with diabetes.
They found that risks were 2.22 times as high in people who reported more stress at home and work, 1.69 times as high in people with abnormal cholesterol levels and 10.01 times as high in tobacco smokers.zeenews
- Triple Patch Procedure saves life of 11-years old Nanded Boy who suffered from rare heart Disease – Suprovalvar Aortic Stenosis - June 19, 2019
- India Healthcare IT Market Outlook to 2023 - June 18, 2019
- 11% of Individuals suffer from Depression Disorder in Maharashtra - June 18, 2019
- Father’s Day: Helping fathers fight back pain - June 17, 2019
- Tips to survive the summers better by Mr Satkam Divya, CEO, KlinicApp - June 12, 2019
- बजाज फिनसर्व अपने #FitForLife अभियान के साथ स्वस्थ भारत की परिकल्पना को करेगा साकार - June 12, 2019
- India to give Cancer Treatment Technology to the West - June 8, 2019
- खाने के बर्तनों का साइज छोटा करके भी हो सकता है डाइट कंट्रोल : जानी-मानी डाइटिशियन स्नेहा परांजपे का सेमिनार - June 6, 2019
- Aster CMI Hospital showcases its commitment towards environment conservation - June 5, 2019
- Aster CMI Hospital gives new lease of life to an 8-year-old rural kid through affordable liver transplant initiative - June 3, 2019