Washington: Consuming green leafy vegetables may be a novel way to reduce stress and lower the risk of experiencing a stroke, a study has found.
Intracerebral hemorrhage – bleeding within the brain – takes a high toll on working-age people in Nigeria and Ghana, with high blood pressure accounting for more than 90 percent of this often-lethal type of stroke.
According to the findings, people who ate more green leafy vegetables had 64 percent lower risk of experiencing a stroke.
Researchers studied 682 patients (average age 53.7 years) who experienced brain bleeds.
Bleeding strokes accounted for 32.2 percent of all strokes in the study.
Of the bleeding strokes, 93.9 percent were determined to be related to high blood pressure, 7.2 percent to structural abnormalities such as a bulging weak area of a blood vessel, and much smaller percentages to other medical conditions or medication use.
The research was presented at the American Stroke Associations International Stroke Conference 2018.
Comparing patients with high blood pressure-related brain bleeds to similar people in the same communities without stroke, the researchers found that the risks were 2.33 times as high in people with diabetes.
They found that risks were 2.22 times as high in people who reported more stress at home and work, 1.69 times as high in people with abnormal cholesterol levels and 10.01 times as high in tobacco smokers.zeenews
- Appendicitis Early Symptoms And Warning Signs - June 3, 2020
- Maria Shriver and AARP Take on Alzheimer’s in Women - June 3, 2020
- Research finds new genes contributing to severe childhood obesity - June 3, 2020
- Indocan Resources, Inc. Announces the Availability of CBD Oil on Its Website - June 3, 2020
- 5 लाख 87 हजार श्रमिक प्रदेश में वापस आये - June 3, 2020
- Symptoms Of Poor Blood Circulation Poor Blood Circulation Can Cause Many Disease In Body - June 3, 2020
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Celiac Are Linked: Review - June 3, 2020
- Plates, cups and takeaway containers shape what (and how) we eat - June 3, 2020
- स्व-रोजगार के लिए 1743 स्व-सहायता समूहों को 20 करोड़ से अधिक का लोन - June 3, 2020
- भारत की पुरानी परंपराएं जिनमें छिपे हैं सेहत के ये बड़े फायदे - June 3, 2020