Festive season comes with a boon in India where all the festivals bring lot of family & friends gathering, with preparing whole varieties of foods or ordering from out or going out and dining out – to make the occasion a grand celebration.
Woww!!!!!! It’s a time for social gathering, and most importantly a chance to break through our daily routine and finding time for near & dear ones and relieving our stress out.
But with all this, comes a toll over our stomach and making it upset by overeating high sugar & fat foods; inviting bacteria to invade our body causing stomach infection, indigestion etc. with most common form of bacterial infection being Gastritis these days.
So let’s understand what Gastritis is:
Gastritis is an inflammation of stomach lining due to infection especially due to H.Pylori bacteria which can lead to abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, belching, bloating, loss of appetite and indigestion.
So before these symptoms grab you and you spoil the mood and enthusiasm of the festival, let’s make a way to eat, enjoy and celebrate by keeping following pointers while dining out or at home :
- Avoid too much of sugars, desserts or aerated drinks that have no nutrients and just increase the acidity of the stomach.
- Reduce the consumption of raw milk, cheese, high fat paneer, khoya esp outside milk preparations as during this festive season they are highly contaminated due to early storage.
- Avoid caffeine rich drinks that dehydrate your body along with acid reflux and giving discomfort to the stomach.
- Eat in moderation high fatty foods that slow down the emptying of stomach and producing more of acid to digest food.
- Restrict alcohol to 1-2 bottles / pegs as they irritate the gut lining.
- Opting for fresh cooked foods over canned, preserved or processed foods helps to keep the chances of infection at bay.
But, controlling ourselves over food that we see in front of us and that to when everyone is eating around, we do indulge by cheating and saying will not do next time or compensate tomorrow.
Dont worry!!!! If you have already indulged and are now suffering with the above symptoms we have few foods for you that will work best to overcome your gastritis:
1. Carom Seeds
Carom seeds act as natural antacid that benefits gastritis.
Make a decocotion by boiling 2 cups of water with 4tsp of carom seeds and reduces it to half. Strain and drink half a cup twice a day.
Ginger is got an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial property which proves to be beneficial during suffering from gastritis.
Making a ginger juice and honey paste in same proportion and having it before eating your meals will work wonders for you.
The active cultre present in yogurt know as lactobacillus acts as a probiotic that protect your stomach lining from H. pylori bacteria by maintaining the balance of good and bad bacteria.
Chewing on fresh leaves or adding them to your foods reduces the symptoms of gastritis as is one of the natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory food.
7. Holy Basil
From ancient times we have been told by our ancestors that Holy basil has got multiple benefits and chewing them first thing in the morning works wonders. They were so right…. yes it works wonders so make it a daily routine.
- Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds have cooling effect on stomach and are extensively being used when one suffers from acidity. Similarly being high on fibre aids in digestion as well. So either chewing them post meals or making a herbal tea from it will help in this condition.
With the above remedies also make sure you avoid spicy, deep fried foods, alcohol & smoking completely.
So with these tips in mind, celebrate this festive season with your loved ones and if something goes wrong you have remedies too. But visit your physician if condition worsens.
Enjoy & Keep Celebrating J
Inputs provided by Mr Luke Coutinho, Founder of Pure Nutrition.
Apart from being a published author of the globally acclaimed book, ‘The Great Indian Diet’ (with Shilpa Shetty) and ‘Eat Smart, Move More, Sleep Right – Your Personal Health Coach’, LUKE COUTINHO is a Holistic Nutritionist, Speaker, and Exercise Physiologist, qualifies in lifestyle medicine and integrative healing.
Pure Nutrition collects, processes, manufactures and markets Certified Organic Teas, Infusions and Herbal Supplements. Pure Nutrition are of the highest quality and marketed all over the world. These Organic and health products are continually being developed and expanded to address various health needs.
- Five Trans-catheter Aortic valve replacements performed on a single day for the first time in India - January 21, 2019
- साधारण कमजोरी बढ़ती उम्र में बढ़ा देती है इस बीमारी का खतरा - January 21, 2019
- वजन घटाने, बॉडी में एनर्जी और हेल्दी स्किन के लिए बेस्ट है डीटॉक्सीफिकेशन - January 21, 2019
- पीठ दर्द के इलाज के लिए इंजेक्शन में अपना ही Semen भर कर लगाता रहा शख्स, अब हो गया है ये हाल - January 21, 2019
- यहां कीड़ों से बनाई जाती है ब्रेड, सेहत के खातिर चाव से खाते हैं लोग - January 21, 2019
- खूबियों का खजाना है प्याज, सुंदरता और सेहत की करता है रक्षा - January 19, 2019
- युवा दिखने के लिए हर रोज करें व्यायाम - January 19, 2019
- अगर आपके बच्चों को भी होती है बार-बार फूड एलर्जी, तो ऐसे हो सकता है बचाव - January 19, 2019
- साइलेंट किलर है फास्ट फूड, छोड़ने के होते हैं ये फायदे… - January 19, 2019
- अगर आप अक्सर चीजें रखकर जाते हैं भूल या कोई बात नहीं रहती है याद तो अपनाएं ये तरीका - January 18, 2019