The Minister of State Health and Family Welfare, Ashwini Kumar Choubey informed that as on February 4, 2021, approximately 1.59 crore hospital admissions worth Rs. 19,714 crore have been authorised through a network of 24,321 Empaneled Health Care Providers under Ayushman Bharat PradhanMantri – Jan ArogyaYojana (AB-PMJAY).
AB-PMJAY provides health assurance cover of up to Rs five Lakh per year per family for secondary and tertiary healthcare hospitalisations.
The beneficiary families under AB-PMJAY have been identified on the basis of select deprivation and occupational criteria in rural and urban areas respectively as per SECC 2011 database. This covers approximately 10.74 crore families (50 crore people).
Further, the States/UTs implementing AB-PMJAY have extended the coverage of the scheme to 13.17 crore families which is approximately 65 crore people).
- Sharp Spike in Cases of Mature Cataract and Dry Eyes during Pandemic - February 26, 2021
- PFRDA Chairman: With an Inbuilt System of Annuity NPS Ensures Regular Income after Retirement - February 26, 2021
- Childhood obesity and its impact on thyroid in the later years - February 26, 2021
- Over 1.23 cr healthcare, frontline workers vaccinated against Covid: Govt - February 25, 2021
- Benefits of Exercise on Mental Health - February 25, 2021
- Medtronic launches TYRX Envelope in India - February 25, 2021
- 5 keys to a longer life - February 25, 2021
- Jivagram becomes Haryana’s first CGHS Empanelled NABH Ayurveda Hospital - February 25, 2021
- Three med tech cos to get National Technology Awards 2020 - February 24, 2021
- Vegetarian Recipes for Weight-Loss - February 24, 2021