Kolkata: Veteran actor Sharmila Tagore recalls she had no idea about lip-syncing when a playback song was being played in her debut Hindi film.
The actor who started her career in Satyajit Ray’s 1959 Bengali classic ‘Apur Sansar’ (The World of Apu) made her debut in Hindi films in Shakti Samanta’s ‘Kashmir Ki Kali’ in 1964.
“I still vividly remember when I was working in ‘Kashmir Ki Kali’, I had no idea about lip-syncing the song ‘Diwana Hua Badal’ sung by Asha Bhosle and the scene was to be shot in the Dal Lake in Kashmir.
“So my first lip-synced song for a Hindi film was connected to Ashaji,” she said at an awards ceremony yesterday evening.
The actor handed over the P C Chandra Lifetime Achievement award to 84-year-old Asha Bhosle at the programme.
“Ashaji was the singer and O P Nayyar saab the music composer. Both were known names at that time while I was new in the Hindi film industry despite having worked in several Bengali films with directors including Satyajit Ray,” she said.
The Hindi film had several songs and hence getting familiar with playback lip-syncing was important, the actor who subsequently worked in Hindi films such as ‘Anupama’, An Evening in Paris’,’Aradhana’,’Amar Prem’,’Satyakam’,’Safar’, ‘Daag’ and ‘Anand Ashram’, said.
Complimenting Asha Bhosle for her energy, the actor said, “Ashaji always engages with people and I am bowled by her spirit.”
“She is a versatile singer. At the age of 84 she looks like 28. Very few personalities at her age will rush to different places to attend events the way she does. Let me pray so that I have the energy to engage with the audience like her,” the 73-year old Padma Bhushan awardee said.zeenews
- Triple Patch Procedure saves life of 11-years old Nanded Boy who suffered from rare heart Disease – Suprovalvar Aortic Stenosis - June 19, 2019
- India Healthcare IT Market Outlook to 2023 - June 18, 2019
- 11% of Individuals suffer from Depression Disorder in Maharashtra - June 18, 2019
- Father’s Day: Helping fathers fight back pain - June 17, 2019
- Tips to survive the summers better by Mr Satkam Divya, CEO, KlinicApp - June 12, 2019
- बजाज फिनसर्व अपने #FitForLife अभियान के साथ स्वस्थ भारत की परिकल्पना को करेगा साकार - June 12, 2019
- India to give Cancer Treatment Technology to the West - June 8, 2019
- खाने के बर्तनों का साइज छोटा करके भी हो सकता है डाइट कंट्रोल : जानी-मानी डाइटिशियन स्नेहा परांजपे का सेमिनार - June 6, 2019
- Aster CMI Hospital showcases its commitment towards environment conservation - June 5, 2019
- Aster CMI Hospital gives new lease of life to an 8-year-old rural kid through affordable liver transplant initiative - June 3, 2019