Kolkata: Veteran actor Sharmila Tagore recalls she had no idea about lip-syncing when a playback song was being played in her debut Hindi film.
The actor who started her career in Satyajit Ray’s 1959 Bengali classic ‘Apur Sansar’ (The World of Apu) made her debut in Hindi films in Shakti Samanta’s ‘Kashmir Ki Kali’ in 1964.
“I still vividly remember when I was working in ‘Kashmir Ki Kali’, I had no idea about lip-syncing the song ‘Diwana Hua Badal’ sung by Asha Bhosle and the scene was to be shot in the Dal Lake in Kashmir.
“So my first lip-synced song for a Hindi film was connected to Ashaji,” she said at an awards ceremony yesterday evening.
The actor handed over the P C Chandra Lifetime Achievement award to 84-year-old Asha Bhosle at the programme.
“Ashaji was the singer and O P Nayyar saab the music composer. Both were known names at that time while I was new in the Hindi film industry despite having worked in several Bengali films with directors including Satyajit Ray,” she said.
The Hindi film had several songs and hence getting familiar with playback lip-syncing was important, the actor who subsequently worked in Hindi films such as ‘Anupama’, An Evening in Paris’,’Aradhana’,’Amar Prem’,’Satyakam’,’Safar’, ‘Daag’ and ‘Anand Ashram’, said.
Complimenting Asha Bhosle for her energy, the actor said, “Ashaji always engages with people and I am bowled by her spirit.”
“She is a versatile singer. At the age of 84 she looks like 28. Very few personalities at her age will rush to different places to attend events the way she does. Let me pray so that I have the energy to engage with the audience like her,” the 73-year old Padma Bhushan awardee said.zeenews
- सी.एम. हेल्पलाइन से बड़ी संख्या में लोगों को मिल रही सहायता - May 31, 2020
- पीसीसीएफ श्री पी.सी. दुबे राष्ट्रीय औषधीय पादप बोर्ड में सदस्य बने - May 31, 2020
- कोरोना संकट में जरूरतमंदों का सहारा बन रही आँगनवाड़ी कार्यकर्ता - May 31, 2020
- महर्षि पतंजलि संस्कृत संस्थान से नवीन संबद्धता एवं नवीनीकरण के लिये आवेदन 31 जुलाई तक आमंत्रित - May 31, 2020
- विभिन्न 5 विकास कार्यों पर 6.25 करोड़ से ज्यादा राशि होगी खर्च - May 31, 2020
- Health Tips Using Figs Can Make Your Skin Shiny - May 31, 2020
- लॉकडाउन अवधि में प्रदेश में 57 हजार से ज्यादा सुधारे गए हैंड पम्प - May 31, 2020
- 5 लाख 74 हजार श्रमिक वापस लाये गये - May 31, 2020
- टिड्डी दलों के नियंत्रण के लिए चलाया जा रहा सघन अभियान - May 31, 2020
- सरसों का उपार्जन 10 जून तक होगा - May 31, 2020