Haryana Health Minister Anil Vij was administered a trial dose of a coronavirus vaccine today in a hospital in the state’s Ambala Cantonment. The third phase trial of Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin began in Haryana today.
Just days ago, the 67-year-old minister had announced on Twitter that he will be the first volunteer in his state for the anti-Covid vaccine.
The senior BJP leader tweeted on Thursday: “I will be administered a trial dose of Coronavirus vaccine Covaxin a Bharat Biotech product Tomorrow at 11 am at Civil hospital, Ambala Cantt under the expert supervision of a team of doctors from PGI Rohtak and Health Department.”
Bharat Biotech had on Monday announced the commencement of Phase III trials of Covaxin, involving 26,000 volunteers across India. The trials will be conducted in partnership with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and will be the largest clinical trial conducted for a COVID-19 vaccine in IndiaI. The trial has been approved by the Drugs Controller General of India.
Covaxin has been evaluated in about 1,000 subjects in Phase I and Phase II clinical trials, with promising safety and immunogenicity data.
In Haryana, Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences in Rohtak and ESIC hospital in Faridabad have been identified among those sites across India where trials will be conducted
- Quepreon Biologicals Walkin 29th Nov to 2nd Dec 2020 Bsc MSc Bpharm - November 27, 2020
- समाधान योजना के प्रथम चरण में आये 16 हजार 500 आवेदन - November 27, 2020
- Senegal’s coronavirus success divides experts - November 27, 2020
- Topgallant Media Acknowledged and Felicitated the Winners of COVID Warriors Award 2020 - November 27, 2020
- Unwanted Antibiotic can Destroy the Health of a Body Builder: Dr. Anuj Chaudhary - November 27, 2020
- नवकरणीय ऊर्जा क्षेत्र में निवेश को बढ़ावा देकर हासिल करेंगे सर्वश्रेष्ठ परिणाम - November 27, 2020
- Covid-19 Vaccine: Hetero Signs Deal With Russia To Produce 100 Million Doses Of Sputnik V In India - November 27, 2020
- Former Berlin airport gets new life as vaccination centre - November 27, 2020
- Legrand India Wins 'The Most Innovative COVID-19 Response' Award at the IFCCI CSR Conclave and Awards 2020 - November 27, 2020
- UK asks regulator to study AstraZeneca vaccine - November 27, 2020