Nutema Hospital in Meerut uses closed I.V. system to administer drugs
Meerut, Hygiene conditions in hospitals or usage of low grade medical products/ consumables especially in critical units can compromise patient safety as that can cause infections to patients who are already fighting diseases.
“It is not new that a patient admitted in the hospital can develop serious hospital-acquired infection (HAI) caused by viral, bacterial, or fungal pathogens; the most common types are bloodstream infection (BSI), pneumonia eg, ventilator associated pneumonia, urinary tract infection (UTI), and surgical site infection (SSI) which can take a serious form if not identified and attended to immediately” informs Dr. Avneet Rana, HOD Critical Care and Anaesthesia, Nutema Multi-Speciality Hospital, Meerut. Patients going through invasive procedures and surgeries are more prone to such infections.
Dr. Avneet Rana adds “The high standard properties of I.V fluid bottles should be completely self-collapsible with accurate delivery of fluid , more punctures possible into the I.V bottle port system with adequate re-sealability of port system without any coring of elastomeric port material prevents particle contamination when punctured with a needle or an infusion set. There should be less potential risk of leakage or any fluid contact during the drug preparation and no interaction of drug with container material e.g. in case of PVC container. The delivery based on the resistant material and the ergonomic design of the container should also help to reduce potential Microbiological contamination and help deliver the fluid with highest accuracy which would ensure timely discharge of the patients that is cost saving for the patient’’
- Summer Care for Diabetes - May 22, 2019
- L V Prasad Eye Institute’s Whitathon Run raises awareness on Retinoblastoma eye cancer - May 20, 2019
- Dr. Pramod Tripathi kickstarts ‘Diabetes Free Mumbai’ movement’ with Devendra Fadnavis, Honourable CM of Maharashtra - May 20, 2019
- Organic Harvest Disrupts Indian Personal Care Industry with Blue Light Technology - May 20, 2019
- Living with a ‘Double-Heart’ - May 20, 2019
- Diabetic Retinopathy- Facts you should know - May 17, 2019
- World Hypertension Day 2019 – May 17th - May 17, 2019
- Association of Physicians of India MP celebrates “World Hypertension Day” - May 17, 2019
- HOW TO KEEP YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE UNDER CHECK - May 16, 2019
- BR Life Group of Hospital’s Announces Association with Art of Living Foundation to offer Holistic Medicare - May 14, 2019