Nutema Hospital in Meerut uses closed I.V. system to administer drugs
Meerut, Hygiene conditions in hospitals or usage of low grade medical products/ consumables especially in critical units can compromise patient safety as that can cause infections to patients who are already fighting diseases.
“It is not new that a patient admitted in the hospital can develop serious hospital-acquired infection (HAI) caused by viral, bacterial, or fungal pathogens; the most common types are bloodstream infection (BSI), pneumonia eg, ventilator associated pneumonia, urinary tract infection (UTI), and surgical site infection (SSI) which can take a serious form if not identified and attended to immediately” informs Dr. Avneet Rana, HOD Critical Care and Anaesthesia, Nutema Multi-Speciality Hospital, Meerut. Patients going through invasive procedures and surgeries are more prone to such infections.
Dr. Avneet Rana adds “The high standard properties of I.V fluid bottles should be completely self-collapsible with accurate delivery of fluid , more punctures possible into the I.V bottle port system with adequate re-sealability of port system without any coring of elastomeric port material prevents particle contamination when punctured with a needle or an infusion set. There should be less potential risk of leakage or any fluid contact during the drug preparation and no interaction of drug with container material e.g. in case of PVC container. The delivery based on the resistant material and the ergonomic design of the container should also help to reduce potential Microbiological contamination and help deliver the fluid with highest accuracy which would ensure timely discharge of the patients that is cost saving for the patient’’
- Triple Patch Procedure saves life of 11-years old Nanded Boy who suffered from rare heart Disease – Suprovalvar Aortic Stenosis - June 19, 2019
- India Healthcare IT Market Outlook to 2023 - June 18, 2019
- 11% of Individuals suffer from Depression Disorder in Maharashtra - June 18, 2019
- Father’s Day: Helping fathers fight back pain - June 17, 2019
- Tips to survive the summers better by Mr Satkam Divya, CEO, KlinicApp - June 12, 2019
- बजाज फिनसर्व अपने #FitForLife अभियान के साथ स्वस्थ भारत की परिकल्पना को करेगा साकार - June 12, 2019
- India to give Cancer Treatment Technology to the West - June 8, 2019
- खाने के बर्तनों का साइज छोटा करके भी हो सकता है डाइट कंट्रोल : जानी-मानी डाइटिशियन स्नेहा परांजपे का सेमिनार - June 6, 2019
- Aster CMI Hospital showcases its commitment towards environment conservation - June 5, 2019
- Aster CMI Hospital gives new lease of life to an 8-year-old rural kid through affordable liver transplant initiative - June 3, 2019