India has become the third topmost country in the world in terms of the number of COVID–19 vaccine doses administered. Only the United States and the United Kingdom remain ahead of India.
12 States in India have vaccinated more than two lakh beneficiaries each. Uttar Pradesh alone accounts for 6,73,542 of all vaccinated beneficiaries.
As on February 7, 2021, total of 57.75 lakh (57,75,322) beneficiaries have received the COVID–19 vaccine under the countrywide COVID–19 vaccination exercise. The cumulative vaccination coverage includes 53,04,546 healthcare workers and 4,70,776 frontline workers.
In the last 24 hours, 3,58,473 beneficiaries were vaccinated across 8,875 sessions.
1,15,178 sessions have been conducted so far.
There has been a sustained increase in the number of beneficiaries being vaccinated every day.
In another significant development, the country has reported less than 80 daily deaths in the last 24 hours, lowest in nine months.
- Esha Gupta’s extreme stretch amazes everyone, Masaba’s comment wins the day - March 2, 2021
- Low cost, high-efficiency mask design presented by Oxford study - March 2, 2021
- Rajasthan govt expects higher revenue from e-auction of liquor shops - March 2, 2021
- Health minister Harsh Vardhan to take Covid-19 vaccine shot today - March 2, 2021
- This 50 Push-Up Challenge Will Transform Your Body in 30 Days - March 2, 2021
- Private health insurers offering 80-100 pc discounts on renewal premia - March 1, 2021
- Fujifilm India launches FDR nano - March 1, 2021
- Sharp Spike in Cases of Mature Cataract and Dry Eyes during Pandemic - February 26, 2021
- PFRDA Chairman: With an Inbuilt System of Annuity NPS Ensures Regular Income after Retirement - February 26, 2021
- Childhood obesity and its impact on thyroid in the later years - February 26, 2021