Bengaluru, June, 2019: For the first time in Indian history, Sequentially Programmed Magnetic Field (SPMF) Therapy invented by Wg Cdr (Dr.) V. G. Vasishta, Founder & Chairman, SBF Healthcare, known to have saved and revived lives of over 500 brain tumor cancer patients has set its benchmark in medical technology and has been recently adopted by the US for Neuro-Oncology Research for treatment of malignant brain tumor cancer.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) have also been signed between SBF Healthcare and University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) & University of Pennsylvania for advancement in Neuro-Oncology research for treatment of malignant brain tumor cancer. According to the new bill announced by US President, Donald Trump on ‘Right to Try Law’, SPMF Therapy can be used for treatment by any US citizen without any FDA approval.
India to give Cancer Treatment Technology to the West
In India, at least 40,000-50,000 people are diagnosed with Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) brain tumors, of which 20 percent are children. Brain tumors are primarily treated with surgery, Chemotherapy and Radiation. After these treatments, the average survival is not more than 14 months. This indicates that such patients are left with very little or no chances of survival. However, with SPMF Therapy, such patients have been treated successfully who have survived for more than five years on average. SPMF is a unique type of treatment that is non-invasive and safe, painless, affordable, scientifically proven and most effective treatment for brain tumor. A patient’s condition is evaluated using MRI and the Karnofsky Performance Score (KPS) which are the gold standards for evaluating the efficacy of a therapy. This treatment is administered through an advanced medical device called AKTIS SOMA. This therapy is conducted over a 28-day period (one hour a day).
Speaking on the occasion, Wg Cdr (Dr.) V. G. Vasishta, said, “There is a major need for non-surgical intervention without any side effects in the treatment of cancer. SPMF Therapy provides a non-invasive and safe treatment without any side effects. It halts the progression of the disease and improves quality of life and extends the survival period. It also helps develop a patient’s emotional and psychological wellbeing. This therapy has proven to be a miracle for many patients with malignant tumors and is now set to help make progress in fields of Neuro-oncology Research through our association with two leading universities in the US. Until today, India has been relying on Western countries for advanced medical treatment and techniques. I am extremely delighted that, with SPMF Therapy, we are setting the ground for an Indian medical technology to be used by people across the globe for treating a complex disorder such as brain tumors. For the first time, an advanced medical technology developed by an Indian will be approved to be used for the treatment of brain tumors in the US.”
The event also witnessed showcase of success stories of brain tumor patients who have been treated using SPMF therapy.
To commemorate World Brain Tumor Day observed on June 8 of every year, SBF Healthcare also announced the launch of its Brain Tumor Programme. The healthcare center will run a week-long consultation programme for cancer patients starting from June 12, 2019. To book an appointment with the doctor, contact +91 9900548375.
- How Design is the next buzzword in Indian workspaces - November 22, 2019
- Business of Posture & Place - October 31, 2019
- Triple Patch Procedure saves life of 11-years old Nanded Boy who suffered from rare heart Disease – Suprovalvar Aortic Stenosis - June 19, 2019
- India Healthcare IT Market Outlook to 2023 - June 18, 2019
- 11% of Individuals suffer from Depression Disorder in Maharashtra - June 18, 2019
- Father’s Day: Helping fathers fight back pain - June 17, 2019
- Tips to survive the summers better by Mr Satkam Divya, CEO, KlinicApp - June 12, 2019
- बजाज फिनसर्व अपने #FitForLife अभियान के साथ स्वस्थ भारत की परिकल्पना को करेगा साकार - June 12, 2019
- India to give Cancer Treatment Technology to the West - June 8, 2019
- खाने के बर्तनों का साइज छोटा करके भी हो सकता है डाइट कंट्रोल : जानी-मानी डाइटिशियन स्नेहा परांजपे का सेमिनार - June 6, 2019