Italy reported over 10,000 new cases of coronavirus on Friday, its highest ever daily toll, as the country braces for the latest wave of infections sweeping Europe.
The toll of 10,010 infections in one day—with 55 deaths—was the third day in a row that Italy broke coronavirus records.
At the height of Italy’s coronavirus crisis in March, the highest 24-hour toll of new infections was 6,557.
More than 150,000 tests were performed in the last day.
Over 391,000 people have contracted COVID-19 in Italy, and 36,427 people have died.
Follow the latest news on the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
© 2020 AFP
Italy reports over 10,000 daily cases of Covid-19 (2020, October 16)
retrieved 17 October 2020
This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no
part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only.
- Germany’s virus situation ‘very serious’: health body - October 22, 2020
- PerkinElmer Genomics Introduces Physician-Ordered Genetic Screening Test for Proactive Health Management - October 22, 2020
- Visceral Fat Around Waist And Abdominal Can Give Look Ugly, What Should Do To Remove - October 22, 2020
- Air Pollution Ups Risk for Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s Disease - October 22, 2020
- Stressing freedom, vaccine opponents rebranding in virus era - October 22, 2020
- India's First Transparent NT Mask from Comofi Medtech Makes Communication & COVID-19 Swab Collection Easier - October 22, 2020
- Create the Ideal Game Day Gathering Space - October 22, 2020
- Can Ulcerative Colitis Be Cured With Surgery? - October 22, 2020
- Germany reports record new virus cases in 24 hours - October 22, 2020
- Students Join Hands To Carry Former Teacher Across The Finish Line - October 22, 2020