Only two states had more than 35,000 cases and contribute 70 per cent of reported active case load Kerala (69,365 cases) and Maharashtra (38,762)
India is reportedly the fastest country to cross four million COVID-19 vaccinations in 18 days, with 45,93,427 vaccine doses administered till 1.30 pm, February 4. India’s countrywide COVID-19 vaccination drive was launched on January 16 while many other countries have had a head start of almost 65 days, pointed out a PIB release. The US took 20 days while Israel and the UK took 39 days to cross the four million COVID-19 shots milestone.
At the health ministry’s latest COVID-19 media briefing, reported active cases were 1.55 lakh and declining, with the recovery rate crossing the 97 per cent mark. Cumulative positivity rate is at 5.42 per cent and declining.
Only two states had more than 35,000 cases and contribute 70 per cent of reported active case load: Kerala (69,365 cases) and Maharashtra (38,762). Districts that have reported no new cases or deaths increased from 47 to 251 in the last three weeks, as per health ministry data.
As per a survey conducted by the national e-governance division, 97 per cent people (vaccinated beneficiaries) were satisfied with the overall vaccination experience, though feedback response was received from 5,12,128, after feedback requests were sent to 37,10,34,000 people. Though the responses received were far fewer than desired.
54.87 per cent of the total beneficiaries vaccinated against COVID-19, so far, are from seven states. 5912 public facilities are being used for immunisation and 1239 facilities from the private sector. Madhya Pradesh tops in terms of number of health care workers vaccinated (73.6 per cent), followed by Rajasthan (66.8 per cent) and Tripura (65.5 per cent)
- Phase III clinical trial of COVAXIN shows 81 per cent efficacy - March 5, 2021
- Thalassemia patients group call for inclusion of patients in policy making - March 5, 2021
- It is India for India and India for the world: Daniel Mazon - March 5, 2021
- Navia launches Smart EMR, redefines doctors’ conventional prescription methods - March 5, 2021
- EMA starts rolling review of the Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine - March 5, 2021
- Esha Gupta’s extreme stretch amazes everyone, Masaba’s comment wins the day - March 2, 2021
- Low cost, high-efficiency mask design presented by Oxford study - March 2, 2021
- Rajasthan govt expects higher revenue from e-auction of liquor shops - March 2, 2021
- Health minister Harsh Vardhan to take Covid-19 vaccine shot today - March 2, 2021
- This 50 Push-Up Challenge Will Transform Your Body in 30 Days - March 2, 2021