Hyderabad, April, 2019: The State-Run Government Nizamia General Hospital (GNGH) has got a boost from the family of HEH Nizam VIIth, as his kin has come forward to donate medical devices, surgical items and medicines for the benefit of the hospital and needy patients. The Medical devices & surgical items which were donated by grandchildren of HEH Nizam VIIth, will help Nizamia ramp up the Operation theatre to facilitate surgeries. Items like Suction Apparatus, OT Gowns, Surgical Cotton, Surgical Pads Cotton Packs, BP Apparatus, Syringes, surgical trays, Oxygen cylinder, etc were donated in large numbers. For improving patient care of paralysis affected patients, Lumbo Sacral belts, Back Rest, Air Beds, Walkers, Adult Diapers, Canula boxes were donated by the family.
The donation was made by Sahebazadi Mahmooda Nizami granddaughter of HEH Nizam VIIth and her husband Dr. Md. Nizami of the Hazrath Nizamuddin Auliya Charitable trust.
Nawab Najaf Ali Khan, the grandson of HEH VIIth Nizam said “ My family is very excited and keen to support NGOs like Helping Hand Foundation that are genuinely working to help the poor patients in government hospitals.
He further added that he was moved by the fact that even today paralytic patients not only from rural Telangana and Andhra but neighbouring states of Karnataka & Maharashtra come for free treatment to this hospital and by supporting such patients a lot of good can be done.
City-based NGO, Helping Hand Foundation which has been working in Nizamia from November last year also donated a new Surgical diathermy & Goose Neck LED spot light for the OT to facilitate surgeries at the hospital.
Nizams grandchildren donate Medical Devices & Surgical items to Nizamia
Nizamia is now doing 8-10 General Surgeries in the OT and also maternal cases that require C Section are being performed at the OT.
Several facilities in the state-run Unani hospital have improved after the hospital tied up with NGO – Two Sets of New bed sheets for 180 beds was provided, Lighting improved, window panes and toilets were fixed, pharmacy and patient bed side stools and almirahs in pharmacy were painted, the grill door of the old heritage lift repaired & new signages put up at the entrance by HHF.
Further with a 24 x7 Ambulance with driver is now at the disposal of the hospital, many patients who require emergency medical management in stroke care who come to Nizamia are now finding it easier to get to higher centres otherwise transporting this patient was a huge challenge.
“We are very keen to partner with Nizamia to promote alternate and traditional medicine as this holds lot of promise particularly in certain stroke related disorders said Mr. Mujtaba Hasan Askari of Helping Hand Foundation.
“HHF is also helping us with manpower to bridge the gap in patient care services and with the help of additional man power in OPD and IP wards, patients are expressing satisfaction as they are getting prompt services said Dr. M. A. Vakeel, Superintendent, Government Nizamia General Hospital.
- Decoding the heat stroke and cardiac arrest connect - April 22, 2019
- ब्रेकफास्ट को इग्नोर करने से आपको भी हो सकता है इस बात का खतरा - April 19, 2019
- Hospital acquired infections (hai) can be fatal - April 19, 2019
- Endress+Hauser India eyes growth in domestic sales - April 18, 2019
- Over 2000 took benefit of free medical camp organised by ‘Ekata Manch’ - April 17, 2019
- Palliative Care: Where treatments & compassion go together - April 17, 2019
- L V Prasad Eye Institute’s second edition of Whitathon to create awareness on Retinoblastoma eye cancer - April 17, 2019
- World Hemophilia Day: Urgent need to establish dedicated Centres for Hemophilia - April 17, 2019
- Nizams grandchildren donate Medical Devices & Surgical items to Nizamia - April 17, 2019
- लोगों को खुशहाल और अच्छा महसूस कराती है मुस्कुराहटः Research - April 16, 2019