More than 10 million cases of the new coronavirus have been reported in Europe since it first hit the continent at the beginning of the year, according to an AFP tally based on health authority figures at 1630 GMT.
The region, with 52 countries, is now the third most affected in the world after Latin America and the Caribbean with 11.2 million cases and Asia with 10.5 million.
In terms of deaths, Europe has suffered 275,000 fatalities—behind Latin America and the Caribbean which have 275,000 but ahead of the United States and Canada with 239,000.
Follow the latest news on the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
© 2020 AFP
Over 10 million virus cases reported in Europe (2020, October 30)
retrieved 31 October 2020
This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no
part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only.
- अपराधियों के विरूद्ध कार्यवाही में कोई कोताही नहीं बरतें - December 3, 2020
- Could Dirty Air Help Speed Alzheimer’s? - December 3, 2020
- San Francisco bans smoking inside apartments; pot smoking OK - December 3, 2020
- ERIS Lifesciences Ltd urgent requirements for Production QA QC department - December 3, 2020
- होम स्टे की बढ़ती माँग को देखते हुए पर्यटन विभाग द्वारा नवीन योजनाएँ लागू - December 3, 2020
- Covid-19 Vaccine: Why Is Pfizer Vaccine Getting Delayed In America? FDA Commissioner Defends - December 3, 2020
- Mexico signs deal for 34.4 million Pfizer vaccines - December 3, 2020
- Optimus Drugs Limited Urgent Openings for Freshers and Experienced Trainee Chemist Production Department - December 3, 2020
- स्वास्थ्य मंत्री डॉ. चौधरी एक दिवसीय रायसेन प्रवास पर - December 3, 2020
- Aishwarya Lifesciences WalkIn Interviews for QA QC Microbiology Production Departments on 5th Dec 2020 - December 3, 2020