The Oxford University’s Covishield vaccine for coronavirus has drawn an immune response even in the elderly, who are among the groups vulnerable to the disease, Adar Poonawala, the chief of Serum Institute of Imdia, which is partnering the UK-based premier university, told NDTV today. The vaccine, he said, is “very safe”. “Thousands of people have had it in India and abroad so we are cracking on track with no safety concerns,” he added.
“It does give an immune response which is good news. You know we were always fearful that whether it will protect the elderly as well, that was our concern. So, you know it will give a slightly different response but it seems at the moment we’re going to get a response both in the young and healthy, and the elderly,” Mr Poonawala .
While underscoring the safety of the vaccine, Mr Poonawalla however, said it would take time, nearly around two years, to come to a conclusion about its efficacy.
- महामारी से लोगों के व्यवहार पर पड़ा असर, व्यस्कों ने इम्यूनिटी बनाने के लिए किया ज्यादा प्रयास-सर्वे - November 29, 2020
- Tips: स्किन को चमकदार और जवान बनाने के लिए घर पर तैयार इस फेस सीरम का करें इस्तेमाल - November 29, 2020
- Jubilant Generics hiring QA QC Production JR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE - November 29, 2020
- GlaxoSmithKline Recruitment Clinical Dictionaries Analyst - November 29, 2020
- Deccan Fine Chemicals walkin 6th Dec 2020 Freshers and experience - November 29, 2020
- Virus numbers could be erratic after Thanksgiving - November 29, 2020
- LOreal Research and Innovation Work as Intern - November 29, 2020
- Bhavdiya Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research Faculty Recruitment - November 29, 2020
- Yog Yatra Baba Ramdev : गंभीर रोगों से बचाएंगे ये प्राणायाम - November 29, 2020
- Los Angeles orders more restrictions as coronavirus surges - November 29, 2020