Diabetes is one of the most common diseases that involves a range of metabolic disorders that cause a spike in blood sugar levels. It may trigger due to a genetic disposition, lifestyle or dietary habits. It is linked with numerous health conditions like obesity and a range of heart ailments. Diabetics often need to take care of their diet, considering it may help manage the condition better, if not cure it completely. Health experts suggest several natural remedies for managing diabetes, one of these methods involves the usage of paneer ke phool, or also known as Indian rennet, withania coagulans or paneer doda. Paneer ke phool is a flower that is native to India, Pakistan and Afghanistan. It is known to have medicinal properties and is great for diabetics. Let’s dig in deeper to understand how paneer ke phool helps in managing this condition.
What is paneer ka phool?
Paneer ke phool is a flower in the solanaceae family that is majorly found in India and used in various medicines in Ayurveda. The fruits of the plant are sweet and are said to be sedative and diuretic properties. It is said to combat insomnia, nervous exhaustion, asthma and diabetes.
How does Paneer Ke Phool Help Manage Diabetes?
According to Macrobiotic Nutritionist and Health Practitioner Shilpa Arora, “This flower heals the beta cells of the pancreas for better utilisation of insulin. If taken daily, even in small quantities, it could effectively manage high blood sugar levels. However, one must remember, there is no single food that can treat diabetes completely. There has to be a right balance for diabetics; sugar and all refined foods like cookies, biscuits, breads and processed snacks need to be eliminated from the diet. A balanced healthy diet is critical with the addition of powerful healing foods like paneer ke phool or paneer doda.
According to Dietitian Ritu Arora, “It is a herb which is used for diabetic management. It has the abilities of not only regulating the insulin level inside our cells; but also repairs the beta cells of pancreas which are the producers of insulin. In diabetics, beta cells present in islets of langerhans are damaged; hence type-2 diabetics’ body is unable to produce insulin, which is why an outer source is required. This is where paneer ke phool or paneer doda comes into play. Take 7-10 pieces of paneer ke phool soaked overnight in water then drink that stock on an empty stomach. We can surely control the insulin levels by drinking this extract and eating the right balanced diet.”
A study conducted by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) concluded that regular consumption of Withania Coagulans for 30 days significantly improved glycaemic status.
(Also Read: How To Control Diabetes Naturally? 5 Remedies To Do So)
Paneer Ke Phool: What does Ayurveda suggest?
As per Dr. Ram N Kumar from NirogStreet, “Paneer ke phool is used in diabetes management. Take it in the form of kadha. All you need to do is to take some paneer ke phool and soak them in water for about two hours. Now boil the flowers in the same water in a saucepan to ensure that all the goodness has been extracted from the flower. Strain the water and drink it every day on an empty stomach.” One can also use the powder that is available in medical stores.
While paneer ke phool can be used to combat a condition like diabetes, one should remember it is best to team it with exercise and a healthy balanced diet. Consult a doctor or an Ayurvedic expert before switching to this herb for managing diabetes
- Triple Patch Procedure saves life of 11-years old Nanded Boy who suffered from rare heart Disease – Suprovalvar Aortic Stenosis - June 19, 2019
- India Healthcare IT Market Outlook to 2023 - June 18, 2019
- 11% of Individuals suffer from Depression Disorder in Maharashtra - June 18, 2019
- Father’s Day: Helping fathers fight back pain - June 17, 2019
- Tips to survive the summers better by Mr Satkam Divya, CEO, KlinicApp - June 12, 2019
- बजाज फिनसर्व अपने #FitForLife अभियान के साथ स्वस्थ भारत की परिकल्पना को करेगा साकार - June 12, 2019
- India to give Cancer Treatment Technology to the West - June 8, 2019
- खाने के बर्तनों का साइज छोटा करके भी हो सकता है डाइट कंट्रोल : जानी-मानी डाइटिशियन स्नेहा परांजपे का सेमिनार - June 6, 2019
- Aster CMI Hospital showcases its commitment towards environment conservation - June 5, 2019
- Aster CMI Hospital gives new lease of life to an 8-year-old rural kid through affordable liver transplant initiative - June 3, 2019