Diabetes is one of the most common diseases that involves a range of metabolic disorders that cause a spike in blood sugar levels. It may trigger due to a genetic disposition, lifestyle or dietary habits. It is linked with numerous health conditions like obesity and a range of heart ailments. Diabetics often need to take care of their diet, considering it may help manage the condition better, if not cure it completely. Health experts suggest several natural remedies for managing diabetes, one of these methods involves the usage of paneer ke phool, or also known as Indian rennet, withania coagulans or paneer doda. Paneer ke phool is a flower that is native to India, Pakistan and Afghanistan. It is known to have medicinal properties and is great for diabetics. Let’s dig in deeper to understand how paneer ke phool helps in managing this condition.
What is paneer ka phool?
Paneer ke phool is a flower in the solanaceae family that is majorly found in India and used in various medicines in Ayurveda. The fruits of the plant are sweet and are said to be sedative and diuretic properties. It is said to combat insomnia, nervous exhaustion, asthma and diabetes.
How does Paneer Ke Phool Help Manage Diabetes?
According to Macrobiotic Nutritionist and Health Practitioner Shilpa Arora, “This flower heals the beta cells of the pancreas for better utilisation of insulin. If taken daily, even in small quantities, it could effectively manage high blood sugar levels. However, one must remember, there is no single food that can treat diabetes completely. There has to be a right balance for diabetics; sugar and all refined foods like cookies, biscuits, breads and processed snacks need to be eliminated from the diet. A balanced healthy diet is critical with the addition of powerful healing foods like paneer ke phool or paneer doda.
According to Dietitian Ritu Arora, “It is a herb which is used for diabetic management. It has the abilities of not only regulating the insulin level inside our cells; but also repairs the beta cells of pancreas which are the producers of insulin. In diabetics, beta cells present in islets of langerhans are damaged; hence type-2 diabetics’ body is unable to produce insulin, which is why an outer source is required. This is where paneer ke phool or paneer doda comes into play. Take 7-10 pieces of paneer ke phool soaked overnight in water then drink that stock on an empty stomach. We can surely control the insulin levels by drinking this extract and eating the right balanced diet.”
A study conducted by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) concluded that regular consumption of Withania Coagulans for 30 days significantly improved glycaemic status.
(Also Read: How To Control Diabetes Naturally? 5 Remedies To Do So)
Paneer Ke Phool: What does Ayurveda suggest?
As per Dr. Ram N Kumar from NirogStreet, “Paneer ke phool is used in diabetes management. Take it in the form of kadha. All you need to do is to take some paneer ke phool and soak them in water for about two hours. Now boil the flowers in the same water in a saucepan to ensure that all the goodness has been extracted from the flower. Strain the water and drink it every day on an empty stomach.” One can also use the powder that is available in medical stores.
While paneer ke phool can be used to combat a condition like diabetes, one should remember it is best to team it with exercise and a healthy balanced diet. Consult a doctor or an Ayurvedic expert before switching to this herb for managing diabetes
- Five Trans-catheter Aortic valve replacements performed on a single day for the first time in India - January 21, 2019
- साधारण कमजोरी बढ़ती उम्र में बढ़ा देती है इस बीमारी का खतरा - January 21, 2019
- वजन घटाने, बॉडी में एनर्जी और हेल्दी स्किन के लिए बेस्ट है डीटॉक्सीफिकेशन - January 21, 2019
- पीठ दर्द के इलाज के लिए इंजेक्शन में अपना ही Semen भर कर लगाता रहा शख्स, अब हो गया है ये हाल - January 21, 2019
- यहां कीड़ों से बनाई जाती है ब्रेड, सेहत के खातिर चाव से खाते हैं लोग - January 21, 2019
- खूबियों का खजाना है प्याज, सुंदरता और सेहत की करता है रक्षा - January 19, 2019
- युवा दिखने के लिए हर रोज करें व्यायाम - January 19, 2019
- अगर आपके बच्चों को भी होती है बार-बार फूड एलर्जी, तो ऐसे हो सकता है बचाव - January 19, 2019
- साइलेंट किलर है फास्ट फूड, छोड़ने के होते हैं ये फायदे… - January 19, 2019
- अगर आप अक्सर चीजें रखकर जाते हैं भूल या कोई बात नहीं रहती है याद तो अपनाएं ये तरीका - January 18, 2019