Hyderabad, March, 2019: SBI Life Insurance through its CSR initiative has come forward to support MNJ Cancer Hospital to improve treatment outcomes of Paediatric Cancers through its CSR partner Helping Hand Foundation.
SBI has donated 13 ICU beds, which will now augment the bed capacity in the newly created Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) & Paediatric Day Care Unit (PDCU) under the medical oncology department of the state-run MNJ Cancer Hospital.
SBI Life pitches to support Paediatric Cancer
With 5% and more Paediatric Cancer being diagnosed and reported the need for enhancing bed capacity particularly for Intensive Care will be a boon for economically backward patients who cannot afford high out of pocket expenses said Dr. N. Jayalata, Director of MNJ Cancer Hospital.
Many Children below 14 years and adolescents below 25 years diagnosed with Cancers more of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia (ALL) and other solid tissue Malignancies are required to be given induction chemotherapy in PICU for the first 4 weeks & later consolidation protocol after 4 weeks in PDCU said Dr. Krishna Chaitanya, Medical Oncologist in charge of the Paediatric Unit at MNJ Cancer Hospital.
He further added the mortality during induction chemotherapy is high due to Febrile Neutropenia /Infections and management of children affected with Leukaemia in the critical care setting will make it easier for management of infections and will improve treatment outcomes while thanking SBI Life to help the hospital augment bed capacity.
The new facility was today formally inaugurated by Mr. Anil Bhatt, Regional Director, SBI Life, Telangana Region, Dr. N. Jayalata, Director MNJ Cancer Hospital in the presence of Mr. Saurabh, Associate Vice – President, HR, Mr. S.S. Bhavani Shankar, Sr Divisional Manager, SBI Life, Mr. Mujtaba Askari of Helping Hand Foundation and Life Mitra of SBI Life Insurance , Telangana Region & MNJ Cancer Hospital.
- 2024 तक हो सकता है एचआईवी-एड्स का सफाया: डाॅ. दीपक चतुर्वेदी - May 25, 2019
- OGH comes to rescue twice for this Farm Labour - May 25, 2019
- Summer Care for Diabetes - May 22, 2019
- L V Prasad Eye Institute’s Whitathon Run raises awareness on Retinoblastoma eye cancer - May 20, 2019
- Dr. Pramod Tripathi kickstarts ‘Diabetes Free Mumbai’ movement’ with Devendra Fadnavis, Honourable CM of Maharashtra - May 20, 2019
- Organic Harvest Disrupts Indian Personal Care Industry with Blue Light Technology - May 20, 2019
- Living with a ‘Double-Heart’ - May 20, 2019
- Diabetic Retinopathy- Facts you should know - May 17, 2019
- World Hypertension Day 2019 – May 17th - May 17, 2019
- Association of Physicians of India MP celebrates “World Hypertension Day” - May 17, 2019