New Delhi , 2019:The School of Dental Sciences, Sharda University has signed a MOU with Oncocur India Pvt. Ltd., a nutri-pharmaceutical company based out of Pune for conducting research on Brecan Plus, a nano-curcumin supplement that is hypothesised to play a crucial role in prevention of progression of lesions which leads to oral cancer.
As the part of the research, the medical solution will be tried clinically on patients with lesions. The University has received a grant of INR 6,00,000 from Oncocur India Pvt. Ltd. for conducting researches and trials on three potentially-cancerous lesions, and one non-cancerous debilitating lesion of the mouth.
According to a recent study by Indian Council of Medical Research, 114% oral cancer cases have been registered in six years. The number of cancer-related deaths have increased by 12.1% to 7,84,832 in 2018.
Speaking on the collaboration Dr. Deepak Bhargava, Professor and Head, Department of Oral Pathology, Sharda University said “The research will aid better, faster and effective cancer and pre-cancer diagnosis, care and management. As part of the studies conducted by the department on oral pre-cancer, the research and the grant is a great step towards delivering cutting edge treatment to curb cancer in the preliminary stages. The research aims to aid chemoprevention of the lesions over multiple patients in various formats and levels of evidence. The lesions covered within the scope of the research include- Oral Sub Mucous Fibrosis (Limitation in mouth opening), Lichen Planus (Stress induced white patches in the mouth), Leukoplakia (Tobacco induced white patches in the mouth) and Recurrent Apthous Ulcers (Ulcers that are persistent despite treatment).”
Dr Vijay Kanuru, Founder CEO, ONCOCUR INDIA Pvt Ltd said “We are proud to announce our collaboration with the Department of Oral Pathology, School of Dental Sciences – Sharda University towards research on potential oral cancerous lesions. The current treatment for these lesions consists of medications that have serious known side effects, whereas the proposed treatment uses the isolated principle-active component (Nano-Curcumin) derived out of turmeric to resolve the lesions without any side effects at the preliminary stages.”
Turmeric has been used since the early ages for pain management, boosting immunity and for treating common infections and diseases. The active component of turmeric developed by Oncocur India Pvt. Ltd. has been identified and isolated using nano-technology and is well tolerated by the body and has next to none side effects.
The research will be led by Dr. Deepak Bhargava, Professor and Head, Department of Oral Pathology. He has a vast experience of research projects. Dr. Tanay Dubey, Consultant Oral Pathologist, Department of Oral Pathology will be supervising the research along with student investigators- Dr. Samriddhi Sahal and Dr. Sunanda Deb.
Dr. M. Siddharth, Dean, School of Dental Sciences, Sharda University congratulated the entire team for their success.
ONCOCUR India Pvt. Ltd. is an emerging nano medicine company with a focus on next generation nano particles-based precision therapeutics for oncology. They have a portfolio of selective phyto-nano medicine and adjuvant for advanced cancer care.
Image 1: Dr. Puja Bansal, Professor, Dept. of Oral Pathology & Microbiology, Dr. M. Siddharth, Dean – SDS, Dr. Deepak Bhargava, Prof. & Head Dept of Oral Pathology & Microbiology, Dr. Vijay Kunnuru & Mr. Raj Pandey from ONCOCUR INDIA Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai and Dr. Tanay Dubey, Research Associate, Consultant – Oral Pathologist, Greater Noida
- ‘DONATE A LIFE’ BRINGS SMILE ON FACES OF 114 CANCER STRICKEN CHILDREN - August 12, 2020
- Mankind Pharma and Daewoong Pharmaceutical Announce Initiation of Phase 1 Clinical Trial on a ‘Novel’ - August 12, 2020
- Sara celebrates her 25th birthday, social media is flooded with wishes - August 12, 2020
- The meeting will be held for the circulation of vaccine - August 12, 2020
- “America Mein Khila Kamal”: Indian-Americans Celebrate Kamala Harris’s Selection - August 12, 2020
- 3 Killed In Police Firing In Bengaluru Amid Violence Over Facebook Post - August 12, 2020
- Sanjay Dutt diagnosed with Stage 3 lung cancer, to fly to US for treatment - August 12, 2020
- Sun Pharma Urgent openings for Multiple Positions for Bsc Msc BPharm M Pharm ITI - August 11, 2020
- Text Neck – a common ailment among smartphone addicts - August 11, 2020
- Mask Wearing Reduces 60% Risk of COVID-19 Infection: Says Experts - August 11, 2020