SPRINGFIELD, Va.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK) and a global leader in healthcare communications, is pioneering a new era of care collaboration that goes beyond today’s solutions for secure messaging and clinical workflow. The newly named Spok Go® platform drives action by dynamically connecting clinical teams with the people and information they need when and where it matters most.
“At Spok we did not want to just build an enterprise technology platform. Our goal has always been to build communications capabilities that can help save lives and solve multiple challenges facing healthcare systems today,” said Vincent D. Kelly, president and chief executive officer of Spok Holdings, Inc. “The complex needs of our healthcare customers are not just a priority, but our driving force for innovation.”
New capabilities in the most recent release of Spok Go enable hospitals and health systems to:
- Prioritize activities with a unified inbox view – Brings together alerts and messages, including pages, to give care team members a holistic view with the ability to quickly see critical requests and prioritize their work accordingly.
- Provide visibility to clinicians on-the-go – Reduces the time that clinicians spend searching for the right person by enabling them to look up and send messages to on-call roles from the mobile app. The clinician sending the message can also see when and if it was read, eliminating the need to resend or call again, just to make sure it was received.
- Mobilize orders from the EHR – Notifies the appropriate care team member on their device of choice when there is a new order in the EHR, reducing wait times, allowing clinicians to spend more time with patients, and reducing wasted time spent searching the EHR.
- Streamline on-call management – Eliminates manual processes and silos of information with on-call scheduling that spans all roles, departments, and locations in the health system and is updated in real-time. Everyone has the most current and accurate information when collaborating on patient care.
- Expedite critical test results – Automates the communication of critical results from radiology and laboratory to the responsible provider, escalating if needed, to ensure that the patient is treated quickly, to minimize errors, and to meet compliance requirements.
Spok has worked closely with hospitals and health systems who are members of its innovation partner alliance to develop this platform.
“Spok Go helps us improve patient care,” said Dr. Mark Weisman, chief medical information officer at Peninsula Regional Medical Center (PRMC) in Salisbury, Maryland. “One of the greatest advantages of Spok Go for PRMC is the ability to include more than 400 affiliated physicians in our secure messaging system, something we couldn’t do before. It has been incredible for us to see our feedback reflected in this new platform that ultimately helps us provide better care for our patients and helps alleviate administrative burden for our physicians.”
Spok will showcase the newest capabilities of Spok Go at HIMSS20 (booth #2579) in Orlando, Florida, March 9 – 13, 2020. Learn more and book a demo or meeting at spok.com/HIMSS.
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, is proud to be a global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on the Spok Care Connect® and Spok Go® platforms to enhance workflows for clinicians, support administrative compliance, and provide a better experience for patients. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions. Spok is making care collaboration easier. For more information, visit spok.com or follow @spoktweets on Twitter.
Spok is a trademark of Spok Holdings, Inc. Spok Care Connect and Spok Go are trademarks of Spok, Inc.
- WHO reports third straight daily record in virus cases - October 26, 2020
- Colombia reaches 1 million confirmed coronavirus cases - October 25, 2020
- गृह मंत्री डॉ. मिश्रा और कृषि मंत्री श्री पटेल ने विजयादशमी की दी शुभकामनाएँ - October 25, 2020
- Skip Costume Contact Lenses This Halloween - October 25, 2020
- मुख्यमंत्री श्री चौहान ने प्रदेशवासियों को दी विजयादशमी की शुभकामनाएँ - October 25, 2020
- Tata Memorial Centre Walk In 26th and 27th Oct 2020 for Bpharma Dpharma Bsc Msc DiplomaMultiple Positions - October 25, 2020
- S Kant Healthcare Ltd Walk In Interviews for Quality Assurance on 30th Oct 2020 - October 25, 2020
- मुख्यमंत्री निवास में दुर्गा नवमी पर पूजा अर्चना और कन्या पूजन - October 25, 2020
- राज्यपाल श्रीमती पटेल ने विजय दशमी पर्व की बधाई दी - October 25, 2020
- कोविड-19 को हराने का और एक बने, नेक बने का ले संकल्प: श्रीमती पटेल - October 25, 2020