November, 2018, Mumbai: More than 800 cardiac patients have been treated successfully at Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital for Children (BJWHC), since the inception of Pediatric Cardiac Surgical Program at BJWHC in February 2017 and Interventional Cathlab Program in February 2018.
The 800 plus cases include all types of complex cardiac procedures and surgeries, which are usually, performed in the western countries and in some of the private hospitals in India. Some of the cases include balloon angioplasty (opening a block in an artery) in a 1 kg baby, highly complex surgical repairs and interventions in premature and low birth weight babies as well as cases requiring artificial heart lung support (ECMO) after complex surgeries. The highlight of these cases is that a majority of them have been done for patients belonging to low socio-economic strata of society. This was possible as a result of support from the hospital management as well as from various charities and philanthropists.
This year, BJWHC decided to celebrate the Children’s day week by organizing a free screening camp where children with congenital heart diseases were screened. The weeklong celebration will end with a social and fun event organized for children with heart defects who have received treatment at BJWHC. This is also to highlight the fact that at BJWHC each child who has received cardiac treatment is followed up regularly to ensure that the children continue to do well. This is unlike other public hospitals where majority of children are either not followed regularly or lost to follow-up. Realizing that children with corrected heart defects can lead a normal life will encourage parents of other children with uncorrected heart defects to come forward and actively seek treatment.
Dr Minnie Bodhanwala, CEO Wadia Hospitals, says, “We are extremely happy to share and announce the completion of 800 plus cardiac surgery / Catheterisation cases within less than 2 years time. This was only possible by the clinical excellence that this institution possesses and the hard work of all our specialist doctors, nursing staff and other support services has brought us to celebrate this event. We would also like to share about our yearly event ‘Little Heart Marathon’ which is scheduled on 27th January 2019, which actually helped us to provide financial assistance to come up with the state of the art facility which directly compliments the achievement. I wish my team with best wishes and many more such achievements are waiting for us…Now”
- remarkable improvement in 10 yr old rayneesha suffering from cerebral palsy - March 20, 2019
- शोध में हुआ खुलासा, इस उम्र में अपनी मां की जैसी हो जाती हैं बेटियां - March 19, 2019
- गहराई में छिपी कैंसर कोशिश्काओं का पता लगाएगी यह तकनीक, जानिए क्या है यह - March 19, 2019
- बेहद फायदेमंद है रोजाना एक कप कॉफी की आदत, कैंसर के खतरे को करती है कम - March 19, 2019
- Young man save multiple live’s by donating his organs - March 19, 2019
- 2% की दर से घटा कुपोषण से कमजोर बच्चों का अनुपातः सर्वे - March 18, 2019
- कुपोषण पर तेजी से हो रहा नियंत्रण, लेकिन अभी भी देश में 4.66 करोड़ कुपोषित बच्चे - March 18, 2019
- त्योहारी मौसम में ऐसे करें अस्थमा से बचाव - March 17, 2019
- आपको बीमार कर देगा एंटीबायोटिक्स का बेतहाशा इस्तेमाल - March 17, 2019
- अब नई तकनीक से होगा टीबी का इलाज,जानिए इसके बारे में सबकुछ - March 16, 2019