Turkey saw a record number of people diagnosed with COVID-19 for the second day running on Sunday as 6,017 new symptomatic patients were documented, the health ministry said.
The number of new daily cases are now running at higher levels than the outbreak’s previous peak in April.
Evening lockdowns were introduced over the weekend for the first time since June, with businesses such as restaurants and bars ordered to close.
The ministry said a total of 446,882 patients with symptoms had been identified since the country’s first recorded case in March. Turkey doesn’t publicly report confirmed coronavirus cases in people without COVID-19 symptoms, a policy that has been criticized for masking the true scope of the national outbreak.
“Let’s follow the precautions for our loved ones,” Health Minister Fahrettin Koca tweeted, referring to hand-washing, distancing and mask-wearing measures.
Turkey recorded 139 COVID-19 deaths over the previous 24 hours, taking the country’s total to 12,358, the health ministry reported.
Follow the latest news on the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
© 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
Turkey’s COVID-19 numbers at record levels for second day (2020, November 22)
retrieved 22 November 2020
This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no
part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only.
- अपराधियों के विरूद्ध कार्यवाही में कोई कोताही नहीं बरतें - December 3, 2020
- Could Dirty Air Help Speed Alzheimer’s? - December 3, 2020
- San Francisco bans smoking inside apartments; pot smoking OK - December 3, 2020
- ERIS Lifesciences Ltd urgent requirements for Production QA QC department - December 3, 2020
- होम स्टे की बढ़ती माँग को देखते हुए पर्यटन विभाग द्वारा नवीन योजनाएँ लागू - December 3, 2020
- Covid-19 Vaccine: Why Is Pfizer Vaccine Getting Delayed In America? FDA Commissioner Defends - December 3, 2020
- Mexico signs deal for 34.4 million Pfizer vaccines - December 3, 2020
- Optimus Drugs Limited Urgent Openings for Freshers and Experienced Trainee Chemist Production Department - December 3, 2020
- स्वास्थ्य मंत्री डॉ. चौधरी एक दिवसीय रायसेन प्रवास पर - December 3, 2020
- Yog Yatra Baba Ramdev : प्राणायाम से गांठों की समस्या से राहत, करने होंगे ये आसन - December 3, 2020