Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain has said the Aam Aadmi Party government in the national capital has increased testing by three times to 60,000 tests a day, adding that this was the new strategy to combat the surge in coronavirus cases.
“Delhi has increased testing to 60,000 per day. This is a big change in our containment strategy. We have done this to ensure we can track every positive case and contain the spread of coronavirus; Delhi’s doubling rate is 50 days,” said Satyendar Jain, who recently recovered from COVID-19.
The statement comes a day after Delhi reported 46 coronavirus-lined deaths – the highest since June 16 when the city recorded 93 deaths – in the backdrop of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal‘s statement that the national capital has witnessed the second wave of COVID-19 and has now turned the corner.
“Covid deaths should not be seen as single day figures, but as 10-day average because people usually don’t die (of this disease) in a day,” Mr Jain said, adding that Delhi’s 10-day average is 0.94 per cent. Its death rate is 1.94 per cent.
- Stressing freedom, vaccine opponents rebranding in virus era - October 22, 2020
- India's First Transparent NT Mask from Comofi Medtech Makes Communication & COVID-19 Swab Collection Easier - October 22, 2020
- Create the Ideal Game Day Gathering Space - October 22, 2020
- Can Ulcerative Colitis Be Cured With Surgery? - October 22, 2020
- Germany reports record new virus cases in 24 hours - October 22, 2020
- Students Join Hands To Carry Former Teacher Across The Finish Line - October 22, 2020
- Introducing SpotOn Virtual Smart Fence – The First and Only Mobile Dog Containment and Tracking System - October 22, 2020
- Could Running Actually Be Good For Your Knees, What Do Researches Claim? - October 22, 2020
- How fear encourages physical distancing during pandemic - October 22, 2020
- Zebra Introduces Flagship MC9300 Mobile Computer Ideal for On-Demand Economy - October 22, 2020