Experts from the WHO on Tuesday all but eliminated a controversial theory that COVID-19 came from a laboratory in the Chinese city of Wuhan.
“The laboratory incident hypothesis is extremely unlikely to explain the introduction of the virus into the human population,” said Peter Ben Embarek, the head of the WHO mission.
“Therefore is not in the hypotheses that we will suggest for future studies.”
Follow the latest news on the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
© 2021 AFP
WHO mission says lab leak virus theory ‘extremely unlikely’ (2021, February 9)
retrieved 9 February 2021
This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no
part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only.
- Is Cancer Contagious? - March 3, 2021
- US halts trials of plasma transfusions for COVID patients - March 3, 2021
- Face Masks Won’t Impede Your Breathing, Study Confirms - March 3, 2021
- Kenya receives receives 1 million vaccines from COVAX - March 3, 2021
- Health tips: सरसों के तेल के नियमित इस्तेमाल से दूर हो सकती है वजन बढ़ने की शिकायत, और भी हैं कई फायदे - March 3, 2021
- Researchers identify brain ion channel as new approach to treating depression - March 3, 2021
- Divorce Matters® Headquarters Moving to New Location in the Denver Area - March 3, 2021
- What Is the Difference Between Diarrhea and Dysentery? - March 3, 2021
- French data show 75% of AstraZeneca jabs unused - March 3, 2021
- ग्रीन कवर बढ़ेगा तो दुनिया बचेगी - March 3, 2021