More than 1.77 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses are still available with states and union territories, and they will receive one lakh more within the next three days, the Union Health Ministry said on Wednesday.
The Centre has so far provided, both under the free of cost category and through the direct state procurement category, more than 22 crore vaccine doses (22,00,59,880) to states and UTs, it said.
Of this, the total consumption including wastages is 20,13,74,636 doses, the ministry said, citing data available at 8 am Wednesday. ”More than 1.77 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses (1,77,52,594) are still available with the states and UTs to be administered. Furthermore, 1,00,000 doses are in the pipeline and will be received by the states and UTs within the next three days,” the ministry said.
As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, the Centre has been supporting states and UTs by providing COVID-19 vaccines free of cost, and by also facilitating direct procurement by them, the ministry said.
Vaccination is an integral pillar of the Centre’s comprehensive strategy for the containment and management of the pandemic, along with test, track, treat and Covid-appropriate behaviour, the ministry underlined.
The government on May 1 opened up the inoculation drive for a large section of population on May 1 under its ?Liberalized and Accelerated Phase-3 Strategy of COVID-19 Vaccination’.
Under the strategy, 50 per cent of the total Central Drugs Laboratory (CDL) cleared vaccine doses of any manufacturer would be procured by the Government of India every month.
It would continue to make these doses available to the state governments free of cost as was being done earlier, the statement said.
- Over 700 doctors died of Covid-19 during second wave: Indian Medical Association - June 12, 2021
- Puducherry: Health Department to hold ‘vaccination festival’ from June 16 - June 12, 2021
- Covaxin: Bharat Biotech to release 3rd phase efficacy data in 7-8 days - June 12, 2021
- Rajasthan govt announces financial package for children orphaned by Covid - June 12, 2021
- G-7 nations expected to pledge 1 billion vaccine doses for world - June 11, 2021
- Japan city uses tsunami lessons for COVID-19 vaccinations - June 11, 2021
- Over 1.17 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses available with states: Centre - June 11, 2021
- “JCB India announces a COVID Relief Package for its employees, aims to Vaccinate all its employees” - June 11, 2021
- Govt issues guidelines on COVID in children; suggests rational use of CT scan; Remdesivir not recommended - June 10, 2021
- Antibody Cocktail treatment during Covid-19: Here’s everything you need to know about it - June 10, 2021