The survey conducted by Make Me Pure reveals that 40% of respondents had sleep deficiency. There are many stressors we face in modern life, which can trigger a fight-or-flight response, and prolonged exposure to this stress without relaxation results in shorter sleep duration and poorer quality sleep. Moreover, in India, 93% of the population is sleep-deprived, but only 2% of Indians discuss their sleep problems. Around 75% of depressed people show symptoms of insomnia and many people with depression also suffer from excessive daytime sleepiness and hypersomnia, which is sleeping too much. Approximately 50% of insomnia cases are related to depression, anxiety, or psychological stress.
Many people experience problems sleeping including not getting enough sleep, not feeling rested, and not sleeping well. This problem can lead to difficulties functioning during the daytime and have unpleasant effects on your work, social, and family life. Problems sleeping can be secondary to a medical illness such as sleep apnea, or a mental health condition like depression. Sleep issues can be a sign of an impending condition such as bipolar disorder.
Commenting on the same Mr. Gurpreet Singh Arora, Founding Member- Make Me Pure said, “Sleep is vital for our physical and mental health. Various stresses, hectic schedules, and erratic lifestyles have been bringing sleep disorders. While a proper sound sleep is essential for healthy living, ensuring a healthy body and mind.”
- Molbio’s Nipah test kit gets DCGI approval - September 9, 2021
- 61 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 9, 2021
- RT-PCR accounted for over 70 percent tests conducted in Delhi in last five months - September 9, 2021
- Punjab govt to open 300 new Opioid Assisted Treatment centres to tackle drug addiction - September 9, 2021
- Over five crore people vaccinated in Madhya Pradesh so far - September 9, 2021
- BMC issues new Ganpati festival norms – No pandal darshan, curbs on yatra participants across Mumbai - September 8, 2021
- Early screening & risk assessment through breakthrough technologies - September 8, 2021
- 30 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 8, 2021
- 88 oxygen generation plants functional in MP, says CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan - September 8, 2021
- Efforts grow to stamp out use of parasite drug for COVID-19 - September 8, 2021