The survey conducted by Make Me Pure reveals that 40% of respondents had sleep deficiency. There are many stressors we face in modern life, which can trigger a fight-or-flight response, and prolonged exposure to this stress without relaxation results in shorter sleep duration and poorer quality sleep. Moreover, in India, 93% of the population is sleep-deprived, but only 2% of Indians discuss their sleep problems. Around 75% of depressed people show symptoms of insomnia and many people with depression also suffer from excessive daytime sleepiness and hypersomnia, which is sleeping too much. Approximately 50% of insomnia cases are related to depression, anxiety, or psychological stress.
Many people experience problems sleeping including not getting enough sleep, not feeling rested, and not sleeping well. This problem can lead to difficulties functioning during the daytime and have unpleasant effects on your work, social, and family life. Problems sleeping can be secondary to a medical illness such as sleep apnea, or a mental health condition like depression. Sleep issues can be a sign of an impending condition such as bipolar disorder.
Commenting on the same Mr. Gurpreet Singh Arora, Founding Member- Make Me Pure said, “Sleep is vital for our physical and mental health. Various stresses, hectic schedules, and erratic lifestyles have been bringing sleep disorders. While a proper sound sleep is essential for healthy living, ensuring a healthy body and mind.”
- India records less than 30,000 fresh COVID-19 cases in over three months - July 27, 2021
- Coronavirus lockdown and lack of sunlight: How Ayurveda helps in maintaining Vitamin D balance - July 27, 2021
- Pfizer, AstraZeneca vaccine antibody levels may decline after 2-3 months: Lancet study - July 27, 2021
- Govt trashes reports on missing target of administering 50 crore Covid vaccine doses by July-end - July 27, 2021
- Vitamin-C for fighting anxiety and depression - July 26, 2021
- Sun Pharma, Cassiopea SpA ink license & supply agreements for acne treatment drug Winlevi - July 26, 2021
- SpiceHealth launches mobile COVID-19 testing lab in Guwahati - July 26, 2021
- Smile Foundation’s “Health Cannot Wait Campaign” Aims to Provide 1 Million Protective Kits to Frontline Health Workers - July 26, 2021
- Vitiligo and the stigma associated with it - July 26, 2021
- Bharat Biotech terminates MoU with Brazilian partners after graft allegations - July 24, 2021