Vertigo is a disorder or can be a symptom of a disease, where the person feels that all the objects around him are moving when they are not. It is a kind of disorder which happens due to problems in the inner ear. Any problem in the inner ear can cause viral infections like cold, flu or may even damage the skull. Vertigo makes you experience an immediate rush in your head when you suddenly stand up straight. It gives a sense as if the whole world around is moving. The vision gets blurred, but after a while, everything comes back to normal. It also makes you experience a certain kind of dizziness while looking down from a height. All these are symptoms of temporary vertigo which are caused by problems in inner ear or brain. Depending on what caused it, vertigo can be temporary or long-term. Frequent vertigo may indicate issues with mental health. The symptoms are usually experienced when you feel a sense of spinning or moving when standing perfectly still. Other symptoms of vertigo may include:
3. Problems with balance
4. Ringing or filling in the ear
5. Blurred vision
Yoga asanas can help in strengthening the nervous system, increase blood circulation and supply of oxygen to the brain and body.
This yoga pose helps in blood circulation in the body, and strengthens the nervous system. The deep breathing exercise enhances blood with oxygen supply and opens up the nerves.
2. Paschimottanasana (seated forward bend)
This yoga practice releases stress, anxiety, and fatigue. It is found to beneficial in curing vertigo.
This asana brings profound and meditative state of rest, which helps in releasing stress and strengthening the nervous system.
4. Shanmukhi Mudra
This mudra helps to calm your mind and nervous system. It also helps in reducing anxiety and irritation.
This pose helps strengthen back muscles, neck, shoulders. It relaxes and strengthens the nervous system and can also help in dealing with vertigo.
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022