Vertigo is a disorder or can be a symptom of a disease, where the person feels that all the objects around him are moving when they are not. It is a kind of disorder which happens due to problems in the inner ear. Any problem in the inner ear can cause viral infections like cold, flu or may even damage the skull. Vertigo makes you experience an immediate rush in your head when you suddenly stand up straight. It gives a sense as if the whole world around is moving. The vision gets blurred, but after a while, everything comes back to normal. It also makes you experience a certain kind of dizziness while looking down from a height. All these are symptoms of temporary vertigo which are caused by problems in inner ear or brain. Depending on what caused it, vertigo can be temporary or long-term. Frequent vertigo may indicate issues with mental health. The symptoms are usually experienced when you feel a sense of spinning or moving when standing perfectly still. Other symptoms of vertigo may include:
3. Problems with balance
4. Ringing or filling in the ear
5. Blurred vision
Yoga asanas can help in strengthening the nervous system, increase blood circulation and supply of oxygen to the brain and body.
This yoga pose helps in blood circulation in the body, and strengthens the nervous system. The deep breathing exercise enhances blood with oxygen supply and opens up the nerves.
2. Paschimottanasana (seated forward bend)
This yoga practice releases stress, anxiety, and fatigue. It is found to beneficial in curing vertigo.
This asana brings profound and meditative state of rest, which helps in releasing stress and strengthening the nervous system.
4. Shanmukhi Mudra
This mudra helps to calm your mind and nervous system. It also helps in reducing anxiety and irritation.
This pose helps strengthen back muscles, neck, shoulders. It relaxes and strengthens the nervous system and can also help in dealing with vertigo.
- Essential Eye-Care Tips For A Safe Diwali - October 27, 2021
- Mansukh Mandaviya to hold meeting with state health ministers - October 27, 2021
- COVID-19: Kerala logs 7,163 new cases, 482 deaths - October 27, 2021
- Govt plans to invest Rs 100 cr per district to upgrade healthcare infra - October 27, 2021
- COVID-19: Active cases drop to 74,735 in Kerala - October 26, 2021
- Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission: Everything you must know about ‘India’s largest health infra scheme’ - October 26, 2021
- Moderna to supply Africa with up to 110 million COVID doses - October 26, 2021
- India committed to supplying COVID-19 vaccines to other nations - October 25, 2021
- Mamata Banerjee asks people to wear mask to prevent spike in Covid cases - October 25, 2021
- Dengue cases in Delhi cross 1,000-mark; over 280 fresh cases in one week - October 25, 2021