As the pandemic continues to unfold, three in five employees in India (59%) reported feeling extremely, highly, or somewhat stressed on a daily basis, a higher level than both the global and Asia region averages, according to a survey report by Marsh India, the largest insurance broker in the country.
However, 27% of employees in India viewed the pandemic as a “mostly” or “entirely” negative impact, a lower level than the global average, revealed Health on Demand India 2021 survey report, which was released on Monday. Globally, 33% of employees viewed Covid-19 as a mostly or entirely negative impact, while the figure was 28% for the Asia region.
The survey report said 50% of employees globally and 51% of employees in Asia reported feeling stressed in everyday life. Notably, the 2021 MMB Health on Demand survey asked 14,000 employees across 13 countries across the globe about what they want when it comes to their health and well-being.
“Employees who felt well-supported by employers were less likely (21%) to view their pandemic experience as mostly negative compared to employees who did not feel supported (44%),” survey results showed. The support provided during the pandemic had a direct bearing on employee well-being and loyalty, with flexible working now desired by more people.
The survey showed in India, in 2021, 53% of employees felt their employer cares about their well-being, while in pre-pandemic 2019, 58% of employees had felt their employer cared about their well-being. Globally, the figures are 46% and 49% for 2021 and 2019, respectively.
“Employees who had access to ten or more well-being resources through their employer were 20 percentage points less likely to move to another employer, 18 percentage points more confident they can get the healthcare they need and 8 percentage points more energized than those offered no resources,” the survey results found.
- 116 more test COVID positive at Karnataka’s medical college - November 26, 2021
- Slip Disc Surgery performed on awake patient - November 26, 2021
- Serum Institute resumes COVID-19 vaccine exports - November 26, 2021
- Mild third wave of COVID-19 pandemic likely in December: Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope - November 25, 2021
- Putin tests experimental nasal vaccine against COVID-19 - November 25, 2021
- Italy targets unvaccinated with restrictions as cases rise - November 25, 2021
- 59% of employees in India report feeling stressed in everyday life - November 23, 2021
- Capital records 7,128 dengue cases, highest in six years - November 23, 2021
- Covid-19: Tamil Nadu reports 750 new cases - November 23, 2021
- EU considers booster doses of J&J’s COVID-19 vaccine - November 23, 2021