Sixty-three fresh COVID-19 cases were reported in Mizoram in the last 24 hours, taking the state’s tally to 5,283, an official said on Saturday. The new cases were reported from Aizawl district (52), Lawngtlai (7) and two cases each from Lunglei and Champhai districts, the official said. Fifty-four cases were detected during contact tracing while nine patients have travel history, he said.
Mizoram now has 644 active COVID-19 cases while 4,627 patients have recovered from the disease, the official said. The state’s COVID-19 death toll so far is 12. Mizoram has tested 2,87,694 samples for COVID-19 till date, including 1,992 on Friday.
According to state Immunisation officer Dr Lalzawmi, a total of 1,62,463 people, including 39,906 senior citizens have been administered the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 40,512 have received both doses of the vaccine so far.
- Molbio’s Nipah test kit gets DCGI approval - September 9, 2021
- 61 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 9, 2021
- RT-PCR accounted for over 70 percent tests conducted in Delhi in last five months - September 9, 2021
- Punjab govt to open 300 new Opioid Assisted Treatment centres to tackle drug addiction - September 9, 2021
- Over five crore people vaccinated in Madhya Pradesh so far - September 9, 2021
- BMC issues new Ganpati festival norms – No pandal darshan, curbs on yatra participants across Mumbai - September 8, 2021
- Early screening & risk assessment through breakthrough technologies - September 8, 2021
- 30 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 8, 2021
- 88 oxygen generation plants functional in MP, says CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan - September 8, 2021
- Efforts grow to stamp out use of parasite drug for COVID-19 - September 8, 2021