SA (Pressure Swing Adsorption) plants of up to Rs 200 MT capacity will be commissioned by March 31, 2022 followed by cryogenic tankers with capacity of up to 500 MT will be commissioned by December 31, 2021.
Approved by the Delhi cabinet on August 3, the policy seeks to provide incentives into private enterprises in the form of subsidies and tax reimbursements to invest in the medical oxygen sector. A subsidy of Rs 20 lakh per metric tonne capacity will be provided for liquid oxygen manufacturing plants and PSA plants and Rs 3 lakh subsidy per metric-tonne capacity of cryogenic tankers among others. So far, 42 PSA plants have been installed by the Delhi government in its hospitals with a combined capacity to generate 50.08 MT (metric tonne) of medical oxygen in order to meet a sudden spike in Covid cases during a third wave which is likely to hit the country.
The official records, as quoted in The Indian Express, reveals that out of the total, 13 PSA plants have been set up using the PM Cares fund–seven in Delhi government hospitals and six in Centre-run hospitals. The rest falls under various Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives.
PSA plants will be set up to generate medical oxygen located within premises of hospitals. These facilities will help meet emergency oxygen situations like the one we faced during the second wave when the demand for medical oxygen had surged sharply, leaving the government and people struggling for oxygen supply.
- Molbio’s Nipah test kit gets DCGI approval - September 9, 2021
- 61 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 9, 2021
- RT-PCR accounted for over 70 percent tests conducted in Delhi in last five months - September 9, 2021
- Punjab govt to open 300 new Opioid Assisted Treatment centres to tackle drug addiction - September 9, 2021
- Over five crore people vaccinated in Madhya Pradesh so far - September 9, 2021
- BMC issues new Ganpati festival norms – No pandal darshan, curbs on yatra participants across Mumbai - September 8, 2021
- Early screening & risk assessment through breakthrough technologies - September 8, 2021
- 30 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 8, 2021
- 88 oxygen generation plants functional in MP, says CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan - September 8, 2021
- Efforts grow to stamp out use of parasite drug for COVID-19 - September 8, 2021