After keeping its Out-
Patient Department (OPD) services closed for over three months, the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Bhubaneswar has decided to open the facility for patients from November 2.
“Because of the growing demands and to cater to patients’ needs, it has been decided to start the OPD services from November 2,” the AIIMS, Bhubaneswar said in a statement on Thursday.
The OPD was closed from July 10 due to COVID pandemic except for day-care services, radiotherapy, dialysis, trauma and the emergency and lifesaving surgery and IPD services.
Telemedicine consultation and routine check-ups through the “AIIMS Bhubaneswar Swasthya” App was continuing, it said.
Initially, the number of registrations will be restricted to 30 patients per department per day until November 8, the statement said.
It said the number of patient registrations will be increased to 50 per department per day for a week from November 9, onwards. After that, an assessment for an increase in number will be made.
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022