Doctors at the premier All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here removed a 15-kg tumour from the uterus of a 20-year-old woman from Hapur in Uttar Pradesh.
Her case posed a challenge for the surgeons at the central government-run premier hospital as the tumour was very close to the uterus and removing it could have led to the removal of the uterus as well.
AIIMS doctors remove 15-kg tumour from uterus of 20-year-old woman
“In such a scenario, she would not have become mother ever,” a senior doctor at the AIIMS said.
After proper evaluation and planning, doctors successfully removed the 15-kg tumour from her uterus last month without causing any harm to the organ.
According to the doctor, it was the largest uterine tumour they had ever operated upon.
“The woman was in terrible pain and her abdomen was swollen. A CT scan revealed a huge tumour in her uterus. She was operated upon and the tumour was removed following four-hour surgery,” the doctor explained.
They also are claiming that the woman, who is unmarried, will be able to conceive in future.
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022