A fever survey was conducted by the Andhra Pradesh government on Tuesday to identify those who were unvaccinated. Those found to be unvaccinated must be inoculated immediately, the government advised health workers who were to run the survey. The decision came following the rising Omicron threat and covid-19 cases indicating the possibility of a third wave.
AK Krishna Srinivas, Deputy Chief Minister said that 98.96 per cent of the population (eligible) has been vaccinated with the first dose while 71.76 per cent have been jabbed with both the doses (first and second). The first dose of vaccination is 100 per cent completed in these districts: Nellore, Vizianagaram, Prakasam, Anantapur, West Godavari, Kurnool, and Chittoor.
The 33rd fever survey in the state began on Tuesday and the samples of those with fever and cold will be sent for further tests. In order to curb the spread, many states have also put covid restrictions in place to avoid overcrowding. Arvind Kejriwal, Chief Minister, Delhi imposed a yellow alert in Delhi on Tuesday followed by the extended night curfew imposed on Monday by an hour—from 10 pm to 5 am. Several states have cautioned people against New Year parties and gatherings as the Omicron variant continues to rise in the country.
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022