A fever survey was conducted by the Andhra Pradesh government on Tuesday to identify those who were unvaccinated. Those found to be unvaccinated must be inoculated immediately, the government advised health workers who were to run the survey. The decision came following the rising Omicron threat and covid-19 cases indicating the possibility of a third wave.
AK Krishna Srinivas, Deputy Chief Minister said that 98.96 per cent of the population (eligible) has been vaccinated with the first dose while 71.76 per cent have been jabbed with both the doses (first and second). The first dose of vaccination is 100 per cent completed in these districts: Nellore, Vizianagaram, Prakasam, Anantapur, West Godavari, Kurnool, and Chittoor.
The 33rd fever survey in the state began on Tuesday and the samples of those with fever and cold will be sent for further tests. In order to curb the spread, many states have also put covid restrictions in place to avoid overcrowding. Arvind Kejriwal, Chief Minister, Delhi imposed a yellow alert in Delhi on Tuesday followed by the extended night curfew imposed on Monday by an hour—from 10 pm to 5 am. Several states have cautioned people against New Year parties and gatherings as the Omicron variant continues to rise in the country.
- WHO counts 18 million virus cases last week as omicron slows - January 19, 2022
- Diet & Nutrition plan for a Head and Neck Cancer Patient - January 17, 2022
- COVID-19: HC urged to direct govt to give road map to vaccinate kids of 12 yrs and below - January 17, 2022
- 2,500 Delhi Police personnel infected, 767 cured of Covid since January 1 - January 17, 2022
- AstraZeneca vaccine trials show 3 doses give good protection against Omicron: Serum CEO - January 13, 2022
- Omicron Alert: FFD Launches Free Helpline For Diabetics - January 13, 2022
- Alkem Laboratories to Launch State of the Art Technology for Diabetic Foot Ulcer Management - January 13, 2022
- Metropolis Healthcare launches the 3rd edition of MedEngage Scholarship program to support aspiring young medical students - January 12, 2022
- Infections could surge 6 times higher due to omicron: Russia - January 12, 2022
- Makar Sankranti: Odisha bans religious gatherings; no holy dip at Haridwar - January 12, 2022