The Asia Pacific Medical Technology Association (APACMed) has announced its new Executive Committee (ExCo) in India.
While Pavan Mocherla, MD, Becton Dickinson India, South Asia, takes over as Chairperson, Meenakshi Nevatia, MD, Stryker India and Narendra Varde, MD, Roche India & Neighbouring Markets will both officiate as Vice-Chairpersons.
Founded in 2014, APACMed is the only regional association to provide a unified voice for the MedTech industry in Asia Pacific, representing both multinational corporations and small and medium enterprises, together with several local industry associations across the region. The ExCo will build on the association’s mission to promote innovation and impact policy that advances healthcare access for patients in India.
The release mentions that this is a timely move amid the pandemic when players in the medical technology (MedTech) industry need to work even closer together to grow a more robust, resilient and adaptive healthcare ecosystem. The ExCo is committed to continuously engage with regulatory bodies, policy makers, healthcare professionals, industry members and other stakeholders to facilitate patient access to innovative and life-saving medical technologies; thereby improving patient care outcomes.
Commenting on the new appointments of the India ExCo, Harjit Gill, CEO, APACMed said, “We are in a period of transformational change within the healthcare ecosystem, and are delighted to have MedTech industry leaders step forward to contribute and steer India’s healthcare infrastructure and delivery of care through innovative collaborations and engagements with key stakeholders in the system.”
Mocherla is the MD of BD where he is closely involved in giving a strategic direction to the organisation’s South Asia operations. With more than 25 years of experience across various industries, he has led several successful assignments in both emerging and developed markets. Prior to BD, he was associated with eminent organisations like Whirlpool, Onida and NIIT. He also serves as the Chairman for Advanced Medical Technology Association (Advamed) in India.
Nevatia brings over 20 years of healthcare experience. In her current role as the MD of Stryker, India, she is responsible for building Stryker’s business strategy and setting up the organization for long-term, sustainable growth in the Indian market. She is on the Board of the Medical Technology Association of India (MTAI) and is the Chair of the Med Tech Committee at AMCHAM (American Chamber of Commerce).
Varde is the MD for Roche Diagnostics India and Neighbouring Markets. With a total of 15 years of experience in the IVD, Medical Devices & Pharmaceutical industries, most recently as General Manager and Country Head at Abbott Diagnostics India, he brings global acumen, high degree of professionalism, adaptability and a collaborative style. He is an active spokesperson for a number of industry associations and professional organisations such as FICCI and others. He is also on the governing council of NATHEALTH.
- Molbio’s Nipah test kit gets DCGI approval - September 9, 2021
- 61 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 9, 2021
- RT-PCR accounted for over 70 percent tests conducted in Delhi in last five months - September 9, 2021
- Punjab govt to open 300 new Opioid Assisted Treatment centres to tackle drug addiction - September 9, 2021
- Over five crore people vaccinated in Madhya Pradesh so far - September 9, 2021
- BMC issues new Ganpati festival norms – No pandal darshan, curbs on yatra participants across Mumbai - September 8, 2021
- Early screening & risk assessment through breakthrough technologies - September 8, 2021
- 30 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 8, 2021
- 88 oxygen generation plants functional in MP, says CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan - September 8, 2021
- Efforts grow to stamp out use of parasite drug for COVID-19 - September 8, 2021