Bangalore based Atrimed Pharmaceuticals, a pioneer in developing scientifically tested Plant based medication, announced that, three of our samples tested positive against SARS-CoV-2 in the ICMR (Indian Council for Medical Research) designated laboratory and the developed drug will be available as an Oral medicine. Company Leverages Proven Antiviral and Plant based medicinal expertise to evaluate the new approaches for treating the Novel Coronavirus Disease COVID-19. Atrimed Pharma is dedicated to develop a phytomolecule drugs for viral infections and other diseases, today takes pride that it has initiated a program to discover drug candidates for the treatment of patients infected with the novel coronavirus COVID-19, also known as SARS-CoV-2.
Dr. Hrishikesh Damle MD & CEO, Atrimed Pharmaceuticals
Commenting on the exclusive breakthrough Dr. Hrishikesh Damle MD & CEO stated, “Based on our proven track record in virology and our capabilities in rare diseases, we believe our core competencies position us well to discover a potential treatment for COVID-19, and we are delighted to establish that three molecules out of ten submitted are passed the test and ready for Human/Clinical Trial for developing drug for the treatment of Coronavirus.” He further added that these molecules were ready for scientific research in the month of March 2020 itself but took so long for clearance. “Our decision to initiate a drug discovery for COVID-19 is a natural evolution of our work and mission. Regional Centre for Biotechnology has recognised and approved 3 effective plant molecules against COVID-19 and further studies will begin shortly.”
The Drug Discovery and Development Process passes through various stages which begins with Target Selection leading to discovery where in high throughput screening paves for chemical synthesis and then prepares for Vitro/Behavioural Studies and finally for Clinical/Human trial, and it is great achievement for Atrimed to take their research to their drug development to the next level.
About Atrimed Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd.
Based in Bangalore, develops medicines from plant based molecules to develop drugs that cure diseases which have plagued humanity such as Psoriasis, Acne, Arthritis and more. It combines the traditional cures with the knowledge base created from computer aided drug design, biotechnology and Artificial Intelligence to establish a library of plant molecules, some 400,000 strong, the largest in the world. Its products cater to Skin and Hair care, Mother and Child care, and Bone related diseases, Nutrition, Metabolism and Allergies. The pharmaceutical company was sent to BIO 2019, Philadelphia, USA which is the largest Biotechnology Expo in the world by the Karnataka Government to showcase Karnataka‘s biotechnological ecosystem to learn more about the perspectives of high-level government officials, key thought leaders and experts from around the world on the new opportunities and challenges facing the global biotech industry.
For further information, please visit: www.atrimedbiotech.in.
- Introducing the Edge® 530 and Edge 830 – GPS cycling computers from Garmin® with advanced mapping, safety features and dynamic performance insights - October 22, 2020
- Health Tips: Your Bones Are Getting Weakened By These Habits, Know How To Get Diagnosis - October 22, 2020
- What You Need to Know About Your Colon Cancer Risk - October 22, 2020
- COVID-19 vaccine trials cannot tell us if they will save lives - October 22, 2020
- Drug Combo May Be Safe, Effective Therapy for Rare Leukemia - October 22, 2020
- April is World Landscape Architecture Month - October 22, 2020
- Gut bacteria linked to weight gain following chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer - October 22, 2020
- Post-Stroke Rehab at Home May Work Best - October 22, 2020
- Home Field Sights and Sounds Make Game Day Gatherings Better - October 22, 2020
- Tocilizumab doesn’t ease symptoms or prevent death in moderately ill COVID-19 inpatients - October 22, 2020