Bangalore based Atrimed Pharmaceuticals, a pioneer in developing scientifically tested Plant based medication, announced that, three of our samples tested positive against SARS-CoV-2 in the ICMR (Indian Council for Medical Research) designated laboratory and the developed drug will be available as an Oral medicine. Company Leverages Proven Antiviral and Plant based medicinal expertise to evaluate the new approaches for treating the Novel Coronavirus Disease COVID-19. Atrimed Pharma is dedicated to develop a phytomolecule drugs for viral infections and other diseases, today takes pride that it has initiated a program to discover drug candidates for the treatment of patients infected with the novel coronavirus COVID-19, also known as SARS-CoV-2.
Dr. Hrishikesh Damle MD & CEO, Atrimed Pharmaceuticals
Commenting on the exclusive breakthrough Dr. Hrishikesh Damle MD & CEO stated, “Based on our proven track record in virology and our capabilities in rare diseases, we believe our core competencies position us well to discover a potential treatment for COVID-19, and we are delighted to establish that three molecules out of ten submitted are passed the test and ready for Human/Clinical Trial for developing drug for the treatment of Coronavirus.” He further added that these molecules were ready for scientific research in the month of March 2020 itself but took so long for clearance. “Our decision to initiate a drug discovery for COVID-19 is a natural evolution of our work and mission. Regional Centre for Biotechnology has recognised and approved 3 effective plant molecules against COVID-19 and further studies will begin shortly.”
The Drug Discovery and Development Process passes through various stages which begins with Target Selection leading to discovery where in high throughput screening paves for chemical synthesis and then prepares for Vitro/Behavioural Studies and finally for Clinical/Human trial, and it is great achievement for Atrimed to take their research to their drug development to the next level.
About Atrimed Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd.
Based in Bangalore, develops medicines from plant based molecules to develop drugs that cure diseases which have plagued humanity such as Psoriasis, Acne, Arthritis and more. It combines the traditional cures with the knowledge base created from computer aided drug design, biotechnology and Artificial Intelligence to establish a library of plant molecules, some 400,000 strong, the largest in the world. Its products cater to Skin and Hair care, Mother and Child care, and Bone related diseases, Nutrition, Metabolism and Allergies. The pharmaceutical company was sent to BIO 2019, Philadelphia, USA which is the largest Biotechnology Expo in the world by the Karnataka Government to showcase Karnataka‘s biotechnological ecosystem to learn more about the perspectives of high-level government officials, key thought leaders and experts from around the world on the new opportunities and challenges facing the global biotech industry.
For further information, please visit: www.atrimedbiotech.in.
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022