“Hopefully, this book will be a small entry into her world and make us all more considerate, tolerant and protective of bears and all of our earth’s special creatures,” said Thomas Mangelsen.
IDAHO FALLS, ID, August 04, 2020 /24-7PressRelease/ — Green Kids Club, Inc., announced today the release of a sixth title in its “Environmental Hero” book series. The new book, called Grizzly 399, explains the life of the world’s most famous grizzly bear mother and her cubs that live in the northwestern area of Wyoming.
Grizzly 399, written by Sylvia Medina, founder of Green Kids Club and illustrated by Morgan Spicer, is based on the true story of this famous Grizzly of Grand Teton National Park. To date, Grizzly 399 has birthed 22 cubs, including three sets of triplets – 3 of which are featured in the book. Including her grandchildren she has 24 known descendants. This year, at 24 years old, she surprised the world by emerging from hibernation in May with four beautiful cubs. The story focuses on how her bear cubs depend on the respect and compassion of humans to thrive and survive.
Author, and Founder of Green Kids Club, Sylvia Medina commented, “I am particularly excited about this book release since we got to collaborate with renowned wildlife photographer, Thomas Mangelsen, who has chronicled the life of Grizzly 399 for decades through his striking photos. He captured intimate images of this incredible bear, which can be seen in the back of the book. 399 surprised us all with the birth of four additional cubs just after our book was being released! We look forward to releasing more books in this very popular series to help to educate early elementary aged children about the challenges animals face in their environments.”
Tom Mangelsen, added, “I’ve never witnessed children more excited nor joyful than when they see 399 and her cubs or any grizzly bear for the first time. The experience of seeing 399 in the wild will change a child’s life forever. Hopefully, this book will be a small entry into her world and make us all more considerate, tolerant and protective of bears and all of our earth’s special creatures.”
The Environmental Hero series are books featuring stories about animals and their survival, and, in addition to today’s title release, include the following titles: Learning About Elephants; Princess; Little Moyo; Molelo, The Fire Elephant; and, Elee and the Shining Star. The stories take children on adventures while at the same time helping them to learn about natural resources, conservation, preservation and appreciation for animals and their habitats.
About Green Kids Club
Green Kids Club (GKC) was founded by Sylvia Medina, an environmental engineer, activist and mother of three. GKC encourages children to be the protectors of our environment and endangered species. GKC works with and, through donation of sales proceeds from its books, supports non-profit initiatives including: Elephants Without Borders, Love the Wild Foundation, Saving the Survivors, The Cougar Fund and Orang Utan Republik Foundation. GKC also works with schools across the USA and internationally, including locations in Belize and Botswana. To purchase Green Kids Club books go to https://www.greenkidsclub.com/shop.
Joan Packard Luks
# # #
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022