Since earlier this week, a large number of Bollywood Celebrities namely Alia Bhatt, Rajkummar Rao, Ajay Devgan, Kartik Aaryan, Anil Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor, Sara Ali Khan, Arjun Kapoor amongst significant others have come forward to support Hyderabad based family in their journey of saving their child Ayaansh Gupta.
Parents Yogesh Gupta, Rupal Gupta with son Ayaansh Gupta
Actor Rajkummar Rao Instagram Post read, “Ayaansh needs world’s most expensive drug. You are his last hope! Link in Bio to donate. Please donate as he doesn’t have too many days left for this injection. I’ve done my bit, it’s your turn now.”
2-year-old Ayaansh is diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) Type 1, his parents Rupal and Yogesh Gupta have taken to crowdfunding on ImpactGuru.com to cover the cost of Zolgensma therapy.
SMA is a rare genetic disease that attacks the baby’s nerves and muscles, and as it progresses, makes it extremely difficult for the child to carry out basic activities like sit up, lift their head, swallow milk, and even breathe. SMA is currently the leading genetic cause of infant death worldwide, and it affects 1 in 10,000 babies.
Currently, Ayaansh is of 2 years and 10 months of age and has a chest deformation called pigeon’s chest. The child requires physiotherapy daily for at least 4-5 hours. Baby Ayaansh is on a complete liquid diet as he is unable to swallow properly. On an average day, he vomits around 5 times. He needs BiPAP support for breathing for 12 hours a day and often suffers from sleep apnea. Even when he has a cough, the little boy needs a tube i.e. catheter to remove the phlegm.
The only ray of hope for Baby Ayaansh is Zolgensma, a one-time gene replacement therapy. Commercially Zolgensma is available in the USA for approximately USD $2.1 million (INR 16 crores). But the world’s most expensive medicine is not possible to arrange for a middle-class couple like the Guptas.
This is the ideal time for little Ayaansh to take the medicine as it is only approved for children who have a bodyweight of fewer than 13.5 kilograms. Ayaansh’s weight is 10 kilograms.
In a heartfelt appeal, Ayaansh’s parents said, “Please donate on our ImpactGuru fundraiser to relieve little Ayaansh of the daily torture of his condition. Every small amount will be one step closer to the required amount. Even sharing this story on social media platforms will be of immense help.”
In 70 days, Baby Ayaansh’s ImpactGuru fundraiser has raised over Rs. 5.60 crore cumulatively contributed from 25,000+ donors.
One of the updates on Ayaansh’s ImpactGuru fundraiser read, “Thank you, for your amazing response to our SOS call. Without your constant inspiration and love, we would have probably crumbled under the pressure of arranging Ayaanshs life-altering crores. But we stand strong because we have you by our side. Do keep sharing Ayaanshs story to make it go viral. We need all your help to save our sweet boy and on time. Help us.”
#AyaanshFightsSMA ImpactGuru Donation Link: www.impactguru.com/fundraiser/help-ayaansh-gupta-mk
Account number: 700701717157379
Account name: Ayaansh Gupta
IFSC code: YESB0CMSNOC
(The digit after B is Zero and the letter after N is O for Orange)
For UPI Transaction: supportayaansh1@yesbankltd
Donations via Yes Bank UPI and Account Transfers are safe with ImpactGuru
- Ayush Ministry signs MoU with Ministry of Rural Development to empower the rural youth - March 17, 2023
- Know what’s best for your ‘Kidney’ – Understand the ‘Y.’ - March 9, 2023
- KidneyHealthForAll on World Kidney Day - March 9, 2023
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022