Primecare India, the promising healthcare start-up from Bengaluru received a major boost with its first FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) from Capital Clients, a UK based healthcare firm who have bought 10% stake in the company. The strategic investment would be utilized to expand the Primecare brands in India. This comes at a time when India is looking to strengthen the healthcare infrastructure under the self reliant scheme announced by PM very recently.
Currently Primecare Group runs its flagship multispecialty hospital, medical clinics and a chain of pharmacies. The FDI has gone into its healthcare vertical, where Primecare is eyeing a major expansion in 2020-21. Embrace, the mother and child vertical, which has brought about a significant traction in the mid-segment mum & baby segment is ready for rollout. Embrace fertility unit and Neonatal ICU are also very popular and deliver affordable quality care. The hospital is NABH accredited which adds to its burgeoning credentials
“Our flagship hospital is fast expanding and we are geared to add another Embrace hospital unit this year. We are committed to quality healthcare and proud to receive consistent great feedback from our patients,” said Dr. Sayeed Ahmed, CMD at Primecare. The hospital opened its doors to patients in February 2017 and in a short span of three years has with its committed service attracted loyal patient following.
“We are looking to close two further angel investor deals this year as pre-series A funding; whilst preparing for Series-A venture capital funding in 2021. This would fuel our growth plan of 5 Embrace hospitals by 2022,” added Mr. Tanveer Mohamed, Director, Strategy & Investments at Primecare.
“We are upbeat about our entry into the Indian healthcare space with this investment. We believe in the Indian growth story and look forward to working with Primecare to deliver great care in the years to come,” said Mr. Rizwan Sama, Director Capital Clients. His Co-Director Mr. Amran Ahmed quipped, “This strategic investment would add great value to us as a serious multinational healthcare player. Going forward we are looking to enter the healthcare service arena i.e. GP surgeries and care home segment in the United Kingdom.”
Capital Clients has investments into medical supplies in UK and now venturing into medical consumables manufacturing with a new unit in Qatar free zone – ready for production Q3 this year. The partnership will enable the firms to deliver the strategic objectives utilizing the synergies, which both groups bring to the table.
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022