Generic drug: hexaminolevulinate hydrochloride
Brand name: Cysview
What is Cysview (hexaminolevulinate hydrochloride), and how does it work?
Cysview (hexaminolevulinate hydrochloride) is an imaging drug used in the cystoscopic detection of non-muscle invasive papillary cancer of the bladder among patients suspected or known to have lesion(s) on the basis of a prior cystoscopy. Cysview is used with the Karl Storz D-Light C Photodynamic Diagnostic (PDD) system to perform cystoscopy with the blue light setting (Mode 2) as an adjunct to the white light setting (Mode 1).
What are the side effects of Cysview?
Common side effects of Cysview include:
For bladder instillation only
What drugs interact with Cysview?
No specific drug interaction studies have been performed.
Is Cysview safe to use while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- There are no available data on Cysview use in pregnant women to inform a drug associated risk of adverse developmental outcomes.
- Adequate reproductive and developmental toxicity studies in animals have not been performed. Systemic absorption following administration of Cysview is expected to be minimal.
- There are no data on the presence of hexaminolevulinate in human or animal milk, the effects on a breastfed infant, or the effects on milk production. Systemic absorption following administration of Cysview is expected to be minimal.
- The lack of clinical data during lactation precludes a clear determination of the risk of Cysview to an infant during lactation; therefore, the development and health benefits of breastfeeding should be considered along with the mother’s clinical need for Cysview and any potential adverse effects on the breastfed infant from Cysview or from the underlying maternal condition.
Medically Reviewed on 3/31/2021
All sections courtesy of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- WHO’s technical advisory group to meet on Oct 26 to consider Covaxin - October 19, 2021
- 163 oxygen plants set up in MP after shortage during 2nd COVID-19 wave: CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan - October 19, 2021
- India’s R-value below 1 since September, researchers say - October 19, 2021
- Mumbai: Double vaccine jab not mandatory to enter theatres, colleges to reopen with 50% attendance - October 19, 2021
- Daily exercise routine, balanced diet, active lifestyle & quality sleep key to success in personal & professional lives: Experts - October 19, 2021
- Storia® Food & Beverages gets backed by Sixth Sense Ventures - October 19, 2021
- No COVID-19 death in Mumbai for first time almost since pandemic began - October 18, 2021
- New govt hospital to come up in Delhi’s Shalimar Bagh - October 18, 2021
- Mix-and-match vaccines highly effective against COVID-19: Lancet - October 18, 2021
- Self-reliance: Govt aims to make semiconductors in India by mid-2022 - October 18, 2021