Generic drug: hexaminolevulinate hydrochloride
Brand name: Cysview
What is Cysview (hexaminolevulinate hydrochloride), and how does it work?
Cysview (hexaminolevulinate hydrochloride) is an imaging drug used in the cystoscopic detection of non-muscle invasive papillary cancer of the bladder among patients suspected or known to have lesion(s) on the basis of a prior cystoscopy. Cysview is used with the Karl Storz D-Light C Photodynamic Diagnostic (PDD) system to perform cystoscopy with the blue light setting (Mode 2) as an adjunct to the white light setting (Mode 1).
What are the side effects of Cysview?
Common side effects of Cysview include:
For bladder instillation only
What drugs interact with Cysview?
No specific drug interaction studies have been performed.
Is Cysview safe to use while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- There are no available data on Cysview use in pregnant women to inform a drug associated risk of adverse developmental outcomes.
- Adequate reproductive and developmental toxicity studies in animals have not been performed. Systemic absorption following administration of Cysview is expected to be minimal.
- There are no data on the presence of hexaminolevulinate in human or animal milk, the effects on a breastfed infant, or the effects on milk production. Systemic absorption following administration of Cysview is expected to be minimal.
- The lack of clinical data during lactation precludes a clear determination of the risk of Cysview to an infant during lactation; therefore, the development and health benefits of breastfeeding should be considered along with the mother’s clinical need for Cysview and any potential adverse effects on the breastfed infant from Cysview or from the underlying maternal condition.
Medically Reviewed on 3/31/2021
All sections courtesy of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Yog Yatra: योग करेगा हड्डी के रोगों को दूर, जानिए Baba Ramdev से - April 16, 2021
- Water crisis took toll on Flint adults’ physical, mental health - April 16, 2021
- Bingeing, Stress Snacking: How the Pandemic Is Changing Eating Habits - April 16, 2021
- A method to assess COVID-19 transmission risks in indoor settings - April 16, 2021
- Later School Start Times Mean Better-Rested Kids: Study - April 16, 2021
- हरदा में 26 अप्रैल तक रहेगा कोरोना कर्फ्यू - April 16, 2021
- Ten reasons why the coronavirus is airborne - April 16, 2021
- Your Zip Code Could Help or Harm Your Brain - April 16, 2021
- 10वीं और 12वीं के प्रवेश-पत्रों में 10 मई तक करा सकेंगे संशोधन - April 16, 2021
- Temporal link between medical cannabis for epilepsy and early puberty - April 16, 2021