Generic drug: hexaminolevulinate hydrochloride
Brand name: Cysview
What is Cysview (hexaminolevulinate hydrochloride), and how does it work?
Cysview (hexaminolevulinate hydrochloride) is an imaging drug used in the cystoscopic detection of non-muscle invasive papillary cancer of the bladder among patients suspected or known to have lesion(s) on the basis of a prior cystoscopy. Cysview is used with the Karl Storz D-Light C Photodynamic Diagnostic (PDD) system to perform cystoscopy with the blue light setting (Mode 2) as an adjunct to the white light setting (Mode 1).
What are the side effects of Cysview?
Common side effects of Cysview include:
For bladder instillation only
What drugs interact with Cysview?
No specific drug interaction studies have been performed.
Is Cysview safe to use while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- There are no available data on Cysview use in pregnant women to inform a drug associated risk of adverse developmental outcomes.
- Adequate reproductive and developmental toxicity studies in animals have not been performed. Systemic absorption following administration of Cysview is expected to be minimal.
- There are no data on the presence of hexaminolevulinate in human or animal milk, the effects on a breastfed infant, or the effects on milk production. Systemic absorption following administration of Cysview is expected to be minimal.
- The lack of clinical data during lactation precludes a clear determination of the risk of Cysview to an infant during lactation; therefore, the development and health benefits of breastfeeding should be considered along with the mother’s clinical need for Cysview and any potential adverse effects on the breastfed infant from Cysview or from the underlying maternal condition.
Medically Reviewed on 3/31/2021
All sections courtesy of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022