Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan has appreciated the 2021-2022 Budget, saying the allocation of ₹ 35,000 crore for COVID-19 vaccines and commitment to provide further support will help end this pandemic and expedite economic recovery.
He hailed the “visionary leadership” of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and “prudence” of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman “for taking us closer to Health For All”.
“A remarkable 137 per cent increase, taking budgeted outlay for health and wellbeing to ₹ 2,23,846 crore,” he said.
The government has proposed a budget outlay of ₹ 2,23,846 crore for health and well being in 2021-2022, an increase of 137 per cent from the previous year, with ₹ 35,000 crore earmarked for COVID-19 vaccine in the upcoming fiscal.
In the Union Budget, ₹ 71,268.77 crore has been allocated to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, as against ₹ 65,011.8 crore allocated in 2020-2021. An allocation of ₹ 2,663.00 crore has also been made to the Department of Health Research in the 2021-22 Budget.
The Ministry of AYUSH has been allocated ₹ 2,970.30 for the next fiscal as against ₹ 2,122.08 crore proposed for 2020-2021 fiscal.
“Rs 35,000 crore allocated for COVID-19 vaccines and commitment to provide further support as needed will help end this pandemic and expedite economic recovery as well,” Mr Vardhan said.
- Molbio’s Nipah test kit gets DCGI approval - September 9, 2021
- 61 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 9, 2021
- RT-PCR accounted for over 70 percent tests conducted in Delhi in last five months - September 9, 2021
- Punjab govt to open 300 new Opioid Assisted Treatment centres to tackle drug addiction - September 9, 2021
- Over five crore people vaccinated in Madhya Pradesh so far - September 9, 2021
- BMC issues new Ganpati festival norms – No pandal darshan, curbs on yatra participants across Mumbai - September 8, 2021
- Early screening & risk assessment through breakthrough technologies - September 8, 2021
- 30 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 8, 2021
- 88 oxygen generation plants functional in MP, says CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan - September 8, 2021
- Efforts grow to stamp out use of parasite drug for COVID-19 - September 8, 2021